1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peeling reflective bits on jacket

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Danny, 15 Nov 2007.

1. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

I have a relatively new Altura Nevis jacket, which I've only worn a few times. Have just noticed that some of the reflective bits on the lower back of the jacket are peeling off.

Is there any sensible way of sticking them back on - using a glue stick perhaps?

2. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

I have a relatively new Altura Nevis jacket, which I've only worn a few times. Have just noticed that some of the reflective bits on the lower back of the jacket are peeling off.

Is there any sensible way of sticking them back on - using a glue stick perhaps?

3. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

I agree - I bought one (probably in Oct) - Alturna Nightvision, and the reflective bits on my lower back are also just starting to peel off.

4. summerdays

I agree - I bought one (probably in Oct) - Alturna Nightvision, and the reflective bits on my lower back are also just starting to peel off.

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Send it back. It's not fit for purpose.

If Altura get wind that there's a problem they'll have a chance to fix it.

Have you washed the jackets?

6. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Send it back. It's not fit for purpose.

If Altura get wind that there's a problem they'll have a chance to fix it.

Have you washed the jackets?

7. Dave Davenport

Dave Davenport Guru

I bought an Altura strada race cape and the reflectives across the shoulders all started to peel off after one wash. Primera swapped it for a new one but I haven't worn/washed it yet, it's looking like it will get some use this weekend though.

8. Dave Davenport

Dave Davenport Guru

I bought an Altura strada race cape and the reflectives across the shoulders all started to peel off after one wash. Primera swapped it for a new one but I haven't worn/washed it yet, it's looking like it will get some use this weekend though.

9. ColinJ

ColinJ Slow Hill Climber/Station lift avoider!

Hmmm... I washed my Strada cape for the first time this week. Despite doing just a very gentle hand wash, my reflective strips are peeling off too. It's not very impressive is it!

10. ColinJ

Hmmm... I washed my Strada cape for the first time this week. Despite doing just a very gentle hand wash, my reflective strips are peeling off too. It's not very impressive is it!

11. Dave Davenport

Dave Davenport Guru

They came off cleanly on the first one so if this one does the same I'll just peel them right off, I don't use it at night and I like it otherwise. The ones at the bottom seem to be a different material and looked ok, Altura obviously have a problem across the range.

12. Dave Davenport

Dave Davenport Guru

They came off cleanly on the first one so if this one does the same I'll just peel them right off, I don't use it at night and I like it otherwise. The ones at the bottom seem to be a different material and looked ok, Altura obviously have a problem across the range.

13. summerdays

I haven't washed mine yet... don't like doing that to waterproofs... they never seem as good after that first wash.

14. summerdays

I haven't washed mine yet... don't like doing that to waterproofs... they never seem as good after that first wash.

15. ColinJ

I'll probably peel the reflective stickers off too since I won't be riding in the cape at night. If I do ride at night this winter, I'll wear my (very!) bright yellow Endura jacket.

That's why I just did a very gentle wash in lukewarm water.

Starting off white, the cape got grubby pretty quickly so it needed a wash after about 3 rides.