Peeling reflective bits on jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
I have a relatively new Altura Nevis jacket, which I've only worn a few times. Have just noticed that some of the reflective bits on the lower back of the jacket are peeling off.

Is there any sensible way of sticking them back on - using a glue stick perhaps?

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
I have a relatively new Altura Nevis jacket, which I've only worn a few times. Have just noticed that some of the reflective bits on the lower back of the jacket are peeling off.

Is there any sensible way of sticking them back on - using a glue stick perhaps?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I agree - I bought one (probably in Oct) - Alturna Nightvision, and the reflective bits on my lower back are also just starting to peel off.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I agree - I bought one (probably in Oct) - Alturna Nightvision, and the reflective bits on my lower back are also just starting to peel off.

I bought an Altura strada race cape and the reflectives across the shoulders all started to peel off after one wash. Primera swapped it for a new one but I haven't worn/washed it yet, it's looking like it will get some use this weekend though.

I bought an Altura strada race cape and the reflectives across the shoulders all started to peel off after one wash. Primera swapped it for a new one but I haven't worn/washed it yet, it's looking like it will get some use this weekend though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Dave Davenport said:
I bought an Altura strada race cape and the reflectives across the shoulders all started to peel off after one wash.
Hmmm... I washed my Strada cape for the first time this week. Despite doing just a very gentle hand wash, my reflective strips are peeling off too. It's not very impressive is it!

ColinJ

Dave Davenport said:
I bought an Altura strada race cape and the reflectives across the shoulders all started to peel off after one wash.
Hmmm... I washed my Strada cape for the first time this week. Despite doing just a very gentle hand wash, my reflective strips are peeling off too. It's not very impressive is it!

ColinJ said:

They came off cleanly on the first one so if this one does the same I'll just peel them right off, I don't use it at night and I like it otherwise. The ones at the bottom seem to be a different material and looked ok, Altura obviously have a problem across the range.

ColinJ said:

They came off cleanly on the first one so if this one does the same I'll just peel them right off, I don't use it at night and I like it otherwise. The ones at the bottom seem to be a different material and looked ok, Altura obviously have a problem across the range.

ColinJ

Dave Davenport said:

I'll probably peel the reflective stickers off too since I won't be riding in the cape at night. If I do ride at night this winter, I'll wear my (very!) bright yellow Endura jacket.

summerdays said:
I haven't washed mine yet... don't like doing that to waterproofs... they never seem as good after that first wash.
That's why I just did a very gentle wash in lukewarm water.

Starting off white, the cape got grubby pretty quickly so it needed a wash after about 3 rides.

ColinJ

Dave Davenport said:

I'll probably peel the reflective stickers off too since I won't be riding in the cape at night. If I do ride at night this winter, I'll wear my (very!) bright yellow Endura jacket.

summerdays said:
I haven't washed mine yet... don't like doing that to waterproofs... they never seem as good after that first wash.
That's why I just did a very gentle wash in lukewarm water.

Starting off white, the cape got grubby pretty quickly so it needed a wash after about 3 rides.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's not good - if you have the receipt, take it back. There looks like some quality control issues.

My Altura Night Vision gloves have been OK.

As for washing waterproofs, usually a careful hand wash only with a soap rather than detergent.

Top Bottom