Pennine Italia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Had this turn up today

WP_20160923_004.jpg

And in it was this lovely set of bars

WP_20160923_007.jpg

Thankfully this nice fork crown was included

WP_20160923_008.jpg

And a pair of Campagnolo hubs

WP_20160923_009.jpg

Which all add up to this 80's Pennine Italia that needs a clean and some miles.

WP_20160923_011.jpg

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Edit - just found this image on the web;

image.png
Built in Bradford I believe. I'm sure Pennine cycles is still trading but not in the original premises. Pennine built Gary Verity a bike to help promote the Tour de France grand depart Yorkshire, it was painted in green, yellow and polka dot!
Very nice bike Mr Biggs.

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
oooooh! that's a really nice bike and frame. Nothing shabby about Pennine as they made some lovely frames :smile: The second picture down shows the shore line being feathered down..........class :smile:

Nice fork crown as you say, Cinelli MC variant which took over from the fully sloping jobby which was seen to be a bit dated as the 70's moved on. The Italian frames of the era looked on it as a design feature and for some reason Italian frames pitched up with the fork crown being the only thing chromed, maybe with the dropouts as well.

Don't get me started on the bars....and as you can see the SR stem has the sort of anodising which looked like milk :smile:

Shaun

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
thanks @Spiderweb and @midlife for the nice comments

Yes Pennine are still trading and i have been in contact with them re dating of bike etc etc they replied within minutes at 8.30pm last night so need to sort out the info they require and see what they say .

Looking forward to getting some miles in on this big un

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just had first short and slow couple of laps around the cul de sac on this and it felt nice although ears were a bit hit and miss but should'nt be an issue

stevevw

Guru
Let me know when this one is for sale please.

dbeattie

Über Member
So I have this now..
I've got it stripped down to the frame. The plan is to give all the bits a clean an put it all back together and see if it all works.
The sprockets on the freewheel look pretty worn and it may be that I'll want to replace it. The freewheel is Maillard which I think is french and the hub is Campagnolo. Before I go taking the freewheel off and getting a new one does anyone know whether the thread on the hub might be different and not compatible?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
So I have this now..
I've got it stripped down to the frame. The plan is to give all the bits a clean an put it all back together and see if it all works.
The sprockets on the freewheel look pretty worn and it may be that I'll want to replace it. The freewheel is Maillard which I think is french and the hub is Campagnolo. Before I go taking the freewheel off and getting a new one does anyone know whether the thread on the hub might be different and not compatible?

@dbeattie i would expect the thread to be std british threading and please enjoy it

midlife

Guru
It's easy to check as a standard Brit lockring from a BB cup will fit if it's a Brit hub..... Err. I think

Shaun

Top Bottom