1990's Orbit Italia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Great work - evidently a ballache but it must be very satisfying to have sorted it :smile:

Thanks. It's a bit of a shame that I couldn't save the old crank. I'm normally more patient and would have tried other methods first before cutting it off. The gap between the cranks and the frame were very small so I couldn't use an angle grinder to cut through the BB axle. That caused some confusion as I forgot to check the clearance between the chainring and rear stays. The fact that it has a narrow BB and a 7 speed rear wheel I would have thought that the chances of it rubbing would be much greater. In fact there's miles of room ! :wacko:

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Great work; although the RD looks far too horizontal - looks like you might want to check the chain for wear and if it's not shafted pull a link or two..

I hadn't noticed that ! Thanks . I will check it . I haven't found any problems with it so far.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I have just looked at my mileage on my bike and I have done 172 miles since I bought it. It is one of my favourites to ride which despite not knowing anything about the make has turned out to be a very good buy. It was cheap and needed a bit of work £25 , a day trip to Dorchester and a visit to the market and museum. I had to buy a new tyre and an inner tube , I swapped the bars and stem for one from my parts bin and was given the cranks which I have now fitted. £4 for the new sealed BB fitted the other day. So I haven't spent a great deal on the bike but may have incurred a few other expenses, some of which have now ended up with us booking a week in Weymouth to visit Dorchester's museums .

Top Bottom