1990's Orbit Italia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have recently picked up this bike. It is a make which is unfamiliar to me. I've always associated the name with a sugar free chewing gum.

It was cheap and I fancied a project. It also involved a trip to a place where we've never been to before. It was a shame that we picked a day that was raining which made the journey tiring. I picked up the bike and loaded it into our car, dropped off the money and set off for Dorchester.

Today I had a better chance to inspect the bike . It is a 22 inch Reynolds 500 framed bike, 700 x 23 Rigida ally rims with a Sachs front hub and a Shimano rear with 7 sprockets. Shimano EX300 front and rear mech. I'm not sure the make of the cranks but they are really corroded. The chrome plating if that's what it is is bubbling up and lifting off. I will replace them! The handlebar stem is steel which is also plated. This will be replaced as it is too long for me. The ally bars will too as they are far too wide. I will be rummaging around in my spares box.

I think my first thing to do will be to git it a clean and see what needs doing . The front hub bearings are possibly the first to do as they felt notchy. I can't wait to take it for a test ride.

Italia 1.JPG

cranks.JPG

midlife

Guru
Trying to think if Andy Thompson built for them? I used to have a memory lol

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice :becool:

Yellow sticker on the crank makes me think 'Biopace', could be EX or maybe 'new' 105

Top Bottom