Penny Lane or another Long And Winding Road ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As an Englishman i'm not enjoying this thread as much as a Norwegian would..

Sallar55

Veteran
Lets try the long and winding road 😁

PXL_20230302_094927724~2.jpg

All uphill

Still rolling along
Paul is singing Slow Down

Or "Why don't we do it in the road"

a.twiddler

Veteran
Lead out men McCartney and Starkey sit up, having perfectly placed the sprinters Harrison and Lennon to contest the sprint finish

View attachment 680146

I love that pic.

More like it here...

https://www.vintag.es/2021/10/beatles-bahamas.html

Maybe it's my nerdy nature but:- Has anyone identified the bikes? Rod brakes, quite narrow tyres, possibly Westwood rims, black or very dark green paint. Single speed as far as I can tell. There is something that looks like "Nassau Bicycle Company" on one of the chain cases, perhaps the hire company. The head badge surround looks reminiscent of the BSA one though none of the details of the logo are visible. They are repeated on the sides of the forks, and on the seat tube. The 3 chevrons on the top of the forks are possible confirmation. No idea what model.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Maybe it's my nerdy nature but:- Has anyone identified the bikes? Rod brakes, quite narrow tyres, possibly Westwood rims, black or very dark green paint. Single speed as far as I can tell. There is something that looks like "Nassau Bicycle Company" on one of the chain cases, perhaps the hire company. The head badge surround looks reminiscent of the BSA one though none of the details of the logo are visible. They are repeated on the sides of the forks, and on the seat tube. The 3 chevrons on the top of the forks are possible confirmation. No idea what model.

Schwinn Travelers?

a.twiddler

Veteran
I strongly suspect those bikes are pre -1957 BSAs. When Raleigh acquired the BSA bicycle brand in 1957 they dropped the distinctive fork crown chevrons and used their own design. On the balance of probabilities, with the Bahamas remaining a Crown Colony, with its UK trade links, until 1973, that seems a likely scenario.

Top Bottom