Pensioners out to get me???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Approached the lights in the filter lane to turn left, car just coming up behind.
I take the turn and shoulder check and signal to pull into the right lane almost immediately, car is behind, shoulder check again and he's overtaking me. :stop: Follow him down the lane, lights on red, so I pass him on the left and into the green box, lights change, I set off followed by horn beeping.
I ride primary as I need to cross to the lane for another right turn into lidl carpark, I don't think he was happy about it, he was going shopping too.
As I'm locking up the bike he approaches me. "clearly you have something to say to me" I say, but he claims it wasn't him beeping the horn. Perhaps I should've apologised? I didn't "When a cyclist signals they are going to pull out it isn't a good idea to go ahead and overtake them anyway" I tell him. I wasn't using my inside voice -but we were outside. "You need to learn your signals" he tells me "You were wobbling all over the place (I did wobble a little when I shoulder checked) and sticking your arm out"
"Sticking my arm out is signalling!" At which point he lost interest in the conversation and wandered off shaking his head and muttering.
He was obviously communicating his irritation with all other pensioners in the vicinity because a little old lady then shoved me out of the way in the queue :ninja: and the old man behind me rammed me with his trolley.
I shall think twice before arguing with pensioners in future!!

Night Train

Maker of Things
Some people are just idiots.

This is one reason why I think regular retesting for drivers would be a good idea. If you can drive safely then you keep your license, if you can't then you are off the road. No arguments about age, health, experience, 'need for work', or any other excuses.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Don't you just hate it when having safely passed a cyclist they sneak back in front of you at traffic lights and deliberately sit right inthe middle of the lane so you have to either wait for them to eventually get going again or wait to re-pass them.... what's their problem? Tsk... and then they make out it's our fault.

buddha

Veteran
This reminds me of the time I was waiting in a post office queue, in the days 'pensioners' would cash their cheques at the counter, on a Tuesday.
The man behind me said "I hate fu**ing pensioners". So I replied with the obvious "Well you should try it with someone your own age then";)

Top Bottom