People thoughts on ritchey parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LimeBurn

Über Member
I'm just reading a book about the post-genocide rise of cycling in Rwanda which was kick-started by the good man that is Tom Ritchey. A bit of a god botherer but none the worse for that.
Carry on!
Book-cover-Tim-Lewis-Rwanda.jpg
Might have to hunt that one out, looks like a different take on your normal cycling book. Thanks for sharing.

LimeBurn

Über Member
[QUOTE 2730100, member: 259"]Yes, me too. The hardback's only a pound more than the paperback on A****n :hello:[/quote]
Do like the feel of a proper book, hardback especially, cannot do with the Kindles and such - and they look rubbish on a bookshelf too.

OP
OP
johnboyturbo

johnboyturbo

I
Oooooh shiney? sorry I am no help at all, are they shiney? I expect it is nice it has "pro" in the title. On the upside I now know what a stem is.

I just googled... did you pay nearer £50 or near £40 for it?

It reduces stress so you will be very much happier

(Someone what knows will be along in a minute and tell you sensible things)
I paid £18 new posted

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The first half of the book comes over as all a bit too good to be true - although I'm sure most of it was actually true!.
The second half is more revealing with everything not quite as rosy but still an uplifting tale.
To divert this thread even further, one of the cyclists in the nascent team has nothing but contempt for the guy on whom the film Hotel Rwanda was based. He says that it's well known within Rwanda that he had tacit approval from the Hutu govt. and stripped and pocketed the Tutsis of all their money and valuables for personal gain not altruism.

Doseone

Guru
I'm just reading a book about the post-genocide rise of cycling in Rwanda which was kick-started by the good man that is Tom Ritchey. A bit of a god botherer but none the worse for that.
Carry on!
Book-cover-Tim-Lewis-Rwanda.jpg
How's the book Rich?

Edit, just seen your post above.

stowie

Legendary Member
I had Ritchey rims on my bike. The rear one broke but only after 18 years of various types of riding and with me not really bothering about maintenance. The front is still going strong.
So I reckon they are pretty OK.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The Ritchey frames look good too. Am gonna test ride one with a view to purchase:

http://cycletechreview.com/2013/reviews/ritchey-road-logic-review/

Sensible reply (a rarity from me):

I have a couple of Ritchey stems among billions that my family and I use on our verious MTBs and road bikes.

Both the Ritcheys I have are road ones, but I notice that I have a road stem also on my hardtail now, as it was the right length. It hasn't killed me yet.

I have never had a stem fail on me and never had one bend or come loose or turn into a pumpkin.

To my mind a stem is a stem. If it fits exactly between your bars and your steerer and if its internal diameter matches the corresponding external diameters on your bike, then it is a good stem.

Top Bottom