Perfect neighbours.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I was impressed by the neighbours of Richard Wallace, the hoarder in the village of Westcott who featured on TV last year.

As far as I can see the neighbours have kept up the momentum and are still helping the poor man. This is the greatest joy of living in a community where neighbours help each other out. They are truly decent people and having had a terrible experience with nightmare neighbours I really appreciate the value of what they are doing.

http://dorking-old-things.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/westcotts-famous-resident-and-hoarder.html

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
We have very good friends living next door a fella I'm proud to call my adopted brothe next door along, we adopted him when he was 20.

We don't live in the nicest neighbourhood but the friends nearby make it lovely.

I was impressed by the neighbours of Richard Wallace, the hoarder in the village of Westcott who featured on TV last year.

As far as I can see the neighbours have kept up the momentum and are still helping the poor man. This is the greatest joy of living in a community where neighbours help each other out. They are truly decent people and having had a terrible experience with nightmare neighbours I really appreciate the value of what they are doing.

http://dorking-old-things.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/westcotts-famous-resident-and-hoarder.html

We thought that when we saw it. It was really good to see.
A bit of a contrast to many others.

I am lucky - Fields all around me.

Drago

Legendary Member
My neighbours on one side are long hairs, and therefore probably commies. Luckily they're doctors so they're rarely there.

On my other side is a wonderful couple in their 80's who I refer to as George and Mildred cos the bloke is a bit hen pecked. They're friendly, chatty, adore the kids. I reciprocate as best I can, keep an eye on the house while they're away, helping out with heavy DIY jobs. Just swept all the snow off their drive this week. It's easy to be a good neighbour, provided they're not pinko's.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have a very unpleasant neighbour on one side who via her actions and through her husband has made my wife feel most unwelcome, which has left my wife feeling very upset. I strongly suspect that there is an element of xenaphobia in what has happened but you can't sling accusations like that at people without concrete proof. Being a pretty laid back sort of a guy I tried to appease them to resolve there perceived issues with us, but this was thrown back in my face metaphorically speaking. I rarely fall out with people but in this instance I would not even want to acknowledge they exist if I pass them on the street and for that I feel guilty. All of the people who know of our issues with them have said I should not have even tried to resolve this and should have told them to f off on day one, I am not like that though so had sought to be diplomatic. However it does make me realise the value of good neighbours. Our other neighbours to the other side and to the rear are both really nice, but the actions of one bitter person have made us feel uncomfortable in our own home.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Not a nice feeling is it when people take a wholly unreasonable and unfounded dislike to you!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

That was a really heart warming doc and i'd love to see a follow up, coz i'm nosey.

But i recall at the start of the documentary, the neighbours wouldn't really speak to the old weirdo with the paper round and loads of junk in his garden... because it ruined the village's chance of winning some Britain in bloom award. Bunch of stuck up snobs for the most part i recall. It was only at the end of the programme they warmed to this utterly charming yet eccentric man.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I am lucky - Fields all around me.

Gracie? Wouldn't want to live next to that warbling old crone.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The only close to bad neighbours we had were in the house opposite, it was used as a sort of landing pad for incoming Eastern European workers. There would be a batch of maybe ten younguns at a time, and they would do what all younguns away from home for the first time, party hard!

It was getting a bit much but one day some one else on the street lost their rag with them and decided to stand in front of their house making racially assumptive insults and threatening them with deportation. From that point onwards we were on the side of our hard partying neighbours. Poor buggers were miles from home and away from their families and here was some wild woman making them feel most unwelcome.

The raggy mad ranting neighbour collared some bloke with a Czech (I think) accent and raved at him on the pavement for about ten minutes. He stood quietly listening and then very nicely asked if he could get by as he lived in a different town and needed to get home. He just happened to be walking past the house to catch a train or something. Class.

Top Bottom