Perfect rucksack/backpack for cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazy

Good Morning all,
Currently I am using under armour backpack in which u can keep my trainers, my lunchbox, a tablet, puncher kit, pump, shaving kit few deodorants, a after shave backup trouser and a shirt.

However I think it's time to treat myself with A new and more visible backpack on the road.

Please recommend some the budget is under 50 GBP.

Regards

_Jim

Regular
Ive got an osprey talon....think its the 22l.......Ive had it for 3 years now and its awesome......super lightweight with a great front puch for waterproofs or whatever and plenty of space in main compartment. Reflective sections on the back too. Very comfy waist and chest straps also and it doesnt move around at all even when fully loaded up.....not sure if itll come in on budget but you might get one in a sale and could always check out ebay. Would highly recommend them.

pally83

Über Member
I've got a DHB Slice. 25 litre does the full schebang with a rain cover, 15 litre also works for lighter commuting days / if I'm taking the long(er) route home.

Sit on the back nicely with a bit of ventilation.

Stephen C

Über Member
Good Morning all,
Currently I am using under armour backpack in which u can keep my trainers, my lunchbox, a tablet, puncher kit, pump, shaving kit few deodorants, a after shave backup trouser and a shirt.

However I think it's time to treat myself with A new and more visible backpack on the road.

Please recommend some the budget is under 50 GBP.

Regards

I've recently broken mine, have you found anything? The DHB 15 litre does look tempting!

OP
OP
lazy

lazy

I've recently broken mine, have you found anything? The DHB 15 litre does look tempting!
So far no to be honest i was also thinking of DHB 15 litre too, there is a military bag on amazon for 24 quid that also seems nice.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The perfect cycling rucksack is...

...a pannier or saddlebag. Your back is not designed to carry weight at the sort of angle you need to on a bike; your bike is.

pally83

Über Member

...a pannier or saddlebag. Your back is not designed to carry weight at the sort of angle you need to on a bike; your bike is.

Backs aren't designed ;-)

Evolutionary biology aside, I commute a 46-mile round trip with my rather full 25-litre DHB with no ill effects. Don't like panniers.

This looks like the ideal pannier for commuting: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/topeak-rx-trunk-bag-dxp-with-side-panniers/

It's not to big or cumbersome and will save your back!

Kies

Backs aren't designed ;-)

Evolutionary biology aside, I commute a 46-mile round trip with my rather full 25-litre DHB with no ill effects. Don't like panniers.

I do a 44 mile roundtrip with a 17" laptop + charger in it. Panniers all the way, which makes the commute maybe 5 mins slower, but so much more comfortable

Stephen C

Über Member

That is a bit of a generalisation, my bike isn't, and a backpack is a bit cheaper than a new bike and panniers...

Licramite

Über Member
If its not for allot of kit , I use a hydration sack (cost about £12 ebay) chuck out the bladder , nice bag for a days ride
Liddles do the stressed type that sits off your back for less than £25 , bit bigger but only daysack size.

Top Bottom