Periformis syndrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slunker

Got a real dull ache in my left buttock and after doing some research it looks like periformis syndrome. Has anyone else suffered with this and is it manageable?

Any tips welcome.

jann71

Veteran
Make sure you do some piriformis stretches after cycling, the ones which work well for me are one where you lie down and one where you sit on the floor, although there are lots, sure you will find some pics on google.
If you use spds it may be worth trying a bit of tweaking on the left one.

Chrisc

Guru
jann71 said:
Make sure you do some piriformis stretches after cycling, the ones which work well for me are one where you lie down and one where you sit on the floor, although there are lots, sure you will find some pics on google.
If you use spds it may be worth trying a bit of tweaking on the left one.

Do em before as well.

Sargent

Hi.

I suffer from this from time to time.

Got it real bad a few years ago, when i took up running. Thankfully, with a few weeks of physio, I was back running and cycling in no time. But its always a weakness I've got.

Just have to remember to do the right stretches.

My feet overpronate, so I have to have special shoes for running. I really should look at what I'm wearing for cycling, but cycling doesn't really affect me that way running does.

Anyway, if you have a bit of money available, having a sports physio appointment is well worth it.

Good luck

Top Bottom