Perineal Pressure & Numbness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I used to suffer but I find tipping the nose of the saddle up very slightly helped me enormously. So much so that last year I did a London to Paris ride spending up to 7 hours a day in the saddle over 3 days with no pain at all.
Not the conventional position I know but it works for me.
It just goes to show how different we all are - I have to do the exact opposite! A degree or so tilted down is comfortable for me. Level causes numbness after an hour or so. Any upward tilt would have me numb in minutes!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I used to suffer but I find tipping the nose of the saddle up very slightly helped me enormously. So much so that last year I did a London to Paris ride spending up to 7 hours a day in the saddle over 3 days with no pain at all.
Not the conventional position I know but it works for me.
I'm just trying to think this one through because it seems counter-intuitive. Do you think that the slight tip to the rear might put your sit bones back to the rear of the saddle where there is (usually) the highest support, thus relieving pressure just in front of the sit bones?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'm just trying to think this one through because it seems counter-intuitive. Do you think that the slight tip to the rear might put your sit bones back to the rear of the saddle where there is (usually) the highest support, thus relieving pressure just in front of the sit bones?
That works for me too and I think you may be right on the sitting on the widest portion of the saddle.

Top Bottom