Personal experiment, diet and energy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I usually eat pretty well, veggie with a good mix of everything and quite varied. Lots of beans, nuts, seeds, along with green veg and a little fruit. Try to have a green smoothie on the days I work which includes ginger, lemon, beets and carrot. I try and remember ABC, Apples,Avacado, Broccoli, Beetroot, Carrots and Cauli. Not much crap a little chocolate maybe once a week, crisps every other day and coffee maybe once a week.

This week though thought I'd mix it up and eat crap and sugary shoot every day. No smoothies, little veg, lots of chips and crisps and lovely, lovely ice cream and white gorgeous bread.

I'm Knackered, haven't cycle to work, poor dogs have had the shortest of walks and have crawled out of bed at 11am this morning. Porridge with gojo berries and cacao for lunch and hope I get some energy soon. No wonder the youth are always looking so tired

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I wouldn't have expected such an immediate affect for an otherwise healthy person so wonder if it was part psychological or maybe something else going on like a minor viral infection? The most worrying thing about kids today is how much they believe in the shoot. My oldest lad was convinced for a long time that he NEEDED a Lucozade sport drink to do pe at secondary school! I managed to talk him out of that one.
It horrifies me to see school kids going to school in the mornings drinking Red Bull and similar drinks. Some of these kids I know are not from deprived backgrounds but their parents who really should know better must be buying them multi packs in the weekly shop! :wacko:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I just noticed you said you have a veggie diet. I'm not knocking that but maybe you need to think about how balanced and rounded your intake is because it seems you are on a physical knife edge. It may be that you are just barely getting enough of something and a few days without it was enough to cause meltdown?

screenman

Legendary Member
I am sugar free again, there were certainly things going on very quickly after dropping it.

If I eat rubbish I feel rubbish.

Drago

Legendary Member
I ate a vegetable once... never again.

My diet isn't that bad, but then it's not the best either. No problems here with lack of get up and go or keeping my pecker up, so to speak.

Eat a balanced diet, be wary of processed food and refined sugar / alcohol, and you'll be fine. Going 100 percent veggie / vegan is depriving yourself of vital vitamins that are only available ( naturally) in animal meat ( fat soluble vitamins). Humans have developed to be omnivorous, not vegetarian. There are some medical conditions which necessitate a veg biased diet, but most vegetarianism is really not a wise idea.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@The Brewer while a lot of carbs from bread, chips and pasta make you sluggish, @second @I like Skol's opinion that there's something else afoot with your health.
No way you became unable to cycle or to walk the dogs after such a short time on the unhealthy diet, imo.

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Well It was a bug coming, went to bed for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon and woke at 10pm with a high temp. Slept most of yesterday too and starting to feel normal-ish today. Hopefully I'll be better again tomorrow for work.
I new something wasn't right and thought it was all the sugar and simple carbs, but maybe my body was craving high calories to deal with the bug, I don't know, just glad to be on the mend. Guess the best of diets can only strength your immune system, not repel all bugs
Just back from walking the dogs and it such a gorgeous day I'm half tempted to get the bike out, think I'll stick to Netflix instead.
Cheers all :smile:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Dr Skol, has a nice ring to it......

When we had work done on our kitchen and it was unusable for a few weeks we had quite a lot of ready-made food. It was supposedly the good stuff from Waitrose/M&S etc. It took less than a week for all of us to really notice the effects and it wasn't very nice.

Adam4868

Guru
Eat a balanced diet, be wary of processed food and refined sugar / alcohol, and you'll be fine. Going 100 percent veggie / vegan is depriving yourself of vital vitamins that are only available ( naturally) in animal meat ( fat soluble vitamins). Humans have developed to be omnivorous, not vegetarian. There are some medical conditions which necessitate a veg biased diet, but most vegetarianism is really not a wise idea.
That my friend is utter bollox,was vegetarian for 20 years,although now past 5 or so decided to eat fish.Ive never suffered or been lacking because of it,on the contrary I've think I've probably benefitted.Plenty of vegetarian about and not 'lacking in anything.

That my friend is utter bollox,was vegetarian for 20 years,although now past 5 or so decided to eat fish.Ive never suffered or been lacking because of it,on the contrary I've think I've probably benefitted.Plenty of vegetarian about and not 'lacking in anything.
Keep telling yourself that. One day you might even convince yourself you're right.

IMG_3888.JPG

Adam4868

Guru
Convince myself of what ? Your theory is that all vegetarians are lacking in something ? Don't do pics or emojis there wasted on me.But at least you believe in yourself..........bro

Top Bottom