Perth - Inverness cycle route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Signed

Signed, I went along there a few weeks ago and the existing path through the pass of Drumochter could, in places, be charitably called "crumbling", and it's meant to be a flagship piece of infra.

oldstrath

Über Member
Signed. I do wonder where the loud campaigns from Sustrans and the CTC are.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Signed. Not keen on the final page though, where you are invited to sponsor your own post!
I await a flood of begging e-mails....

oldstrath

Über Member
Not sure what you mean by this, representations have been made, discussions are ongoing and have been for some time.
You mean the standard Sustrans 'we'll take any old shoot 'cos we're all chums together' that has left us with, among other poor jokes, two miles of cycle path between Newtonmore and 'sort of nearly Kingussie', the crumbling rubbish over Drumochter, and a host of wondrously scenic routes that are no use whatsoever to commuters or anyone on narrow tyres. Oh, and the dangerously poor joke of using a fast, tourist-infested, singletrack road as a 'national cycle route'. It would be nice to see them stop being so bloody chummy with successive representatives of the Central Belt National Party, and call them out as the self-serving hypocrites they really are. But I guess this might endanger a job or two.

OP
OP
snorri

snorri

Legendary Member
You mean the standard Sustrans 'we'll take any old shoot 'cos we're all chums together' .
Or I could mean the Sustrans whose design plans are ruined by an intransigent roads authority whose only interest is motor traffic, but this is not the thread for further discussion on that topic.

Top Bottom