Pet Advice -neighbour's pets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
We had this too with the same neighbour. Their kids would chuck all their rubbish into our garden. all their empty kfc boxes, chicken bones, empty cans & bottles of fizzy pop. I remember one of them even started throwing eggs into our garden at one point. It was hard enough trying to talk to the mum as she was always working but when we finally did, she quickly put an end to the wasting of eggs. The other rubbish still kept being thrown over till we contacted the council.

I remember the nice community we had here when I was growing up, It was a nice area. Then all the nice people moved away or got old and passed on and the local council came in and bought up a lot of properties because no-one else could afford them. We're not quite 'council estate trash' level just yet but we are close.
Hes chucking our stuff over the fence and breaking our stuff, caught him weeing up the shed once too, parents have left a broken kids goal post on the common ground in-between the houses for two weeks , its crept over to next to our house so its been slung over to their side .Im not taking it to the tip or i will be forever taking it.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Hes chucking our stuff over the fence and breaking our stuff, caught him weeing up the shed once too, parents have left a broken kids goal post on the common ground in-between the houses for two weeks , its crept over to next to our house so its been slung over to their side .Im not taking it to the tip or i will be forever taking it.

Thats terrible. Only real solution would be to move away if the council or local authorities fail to act. The problem is with moving that apart from having to uproot yourself and move everything, a half decent 2-3 bedroom house doesnt cost 80-100k anymore like they did back in the 80s.

Fortunately for us the mother next door sent the worst two kids to live with their grandparents god knows where so some semblance of peace has returned to the neighbourhood. It was honestly such a relief when those two dogs got taken away as well. The first week of hearing no dogs constantly barking and whining till 3 or 4am in the morning was blissful.

It is absolutely beyond me how they could of treated those two dogs like that. If i had a pet dog or cat that i couldnt look after for one reason or another I would either give it away to a friend or take them down to an animal shelter in the hope they would find a better home. Not lock them in the garden and throw away the key.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Thats terrible. Only real solution would be to move away if the council or local authorities fail to act. The problem is with moving that apart from having to uproot yourself and move everything, a half decent 2-3 bedroom house doesnt cost 80-100k anymore like they did back in the 80s.

Fortunately for us the mother next door sent the worst two kids to live with their grandparents god knows where so some semblance of peace has returned to the neighbourhood. It was honestly such a relief when those two dogs got taken away as well. The first week of hearing no dogs constantly barking and whining till 3 or 4am in the morning was blissful.

It is absolutely beyond me how they could of treated those two dogs like that. If i had a pet dog or cat that i couldnt look after for one reason or another I would either give it away to a friend or take them down to an animal shelter in the hope they would find a better home. Not lock them in the garden and throw away the key.
Mrs CK wanted to move but due to having to move once to downsize with the financial crash then again to get out of a cowboy builders house so we cant really afford to move anywhere half decent , like i said to her they may be gone in a year or two or evicted .........

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Mrs CK wanted to move but due to having to move once to downsize with the financial crash then again to get out of a cowboy builders house so we cant really afford to move anywhere half decent , like i said to her they may be gone in a year or two or evicted .........

You spend your whole life working yourself like a dog only to end up dying like one eventually. Life is indeed a cruel mistress. I read in some report once that said it takes an average earner some 30 to 40 years of not more to completely pay off their mortgage. though 'average' is highly debatable.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Put in for a move..
my mothers last council flat ' sheltered housing' was in a war zone, drug battles, dogs roaming..cats ripped to pieces..windows being smashed screaming and fighting ,police constantely being called..she now has a lovely flat with no rubbish infesting the local area..
But she had to move to the other side of peterborough..

good luck with the hunting

screenman

Legendary Member
The RSPCA are a waste of money in these parts, I do not have the time this morning to write about ours and others dealing with them.

AndyRM

XOXO
@screenman has beaten me to it. The RSPCA are a joke of an organisation who seem to be very good at raising money but not much good at using it for animal welfare.

If you're prepared to take on a kitten, leave food in your garden for it and soon it will be yours. If not, perhaps try a local animal shelter who may be able to find a new home for it.

KEEF

Veteran
What is it with people and there treatment of their animals/kids. Last week a guy at work stood and told me his dog was ill (pedigree Shar-pei) was ill ,will not eat, has lost weight and was defecating all over his house. I have had to put newspapers every he informed me I think I should take her to the vets. Go home and do it now I informed him. I will do it later he replied in the mean time I will get the wife to take some photos to show you how much weight the the dog has lost, rings wife to take pictures wife goes off to take pictures ,wife rings back the dog is dead!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
What is it with people and there treatment of their animals/kids. Last week a guy at work stood and told me his dog was ill (pedigree Shar-pei) was ill ,will not eat, has lost weight and was defecating all over his house. I have had to put newspapers every he informed me I think I should take her to the vets. Go home and do it now I informed him. I will do it later he replied in the mean time I will get the wife to take some photos to show you how much weight the the dog has lost, rings wife to take pictures wife goes off to take pictures ,wife rings back the dog is dead!
That poor dog sounds like he is well out of it. Those owners are not fit to breathe! I bet they get another pup by the end of the month, those sort always do.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The RSPCA are a waste of money in these parts, I do not have the time this morning to write about ours and others dealing with them.
I remember when you did. To quote from https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/is-this-dog-being-cruelly-treated.190001/post-3974908:

"Despite 5 phone calls one morning they would not come out to the dog we found tied to a post on a very hot day, the last conversation ended with the local guy saying untie her and let her go, the worst that could happen is she will get run over.

We bought the dog back home and I complained like made to the management, they eventually sent an inspector around, he looked down at the dog and said these words " I will take that and get it put down, who done your decorating" I am still to this day not sure if his feet touched the ground when I showed him the way out."

keithmac

Guru
I honestly can't understand how the Council can take no responsibility for the tenants at all living in their properties. Surely as the owners of the property the buck should stop with them?.

I live between two council properties, one side we get on with very well and other side has had three different families through it in 11 years.

We had an issue with a tree in the front garden of next door, council washed there hands of it completely, I ended up going halves with the lad at the time to get it removed.

God help us if anything serious happens as it seems there will be no recourse by the looks of it..

Top Bottom