Peterborough 100 - my first sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Camgreen

Did the 100k a couple of years ago. If the course is still the same, there is quite a substantial hill where the 100k and 100m split. For the seasoned rider it's probably all not too daunting, unfortunately for me it was the first long ride of the new year by some distance, so it offered up more of a challenge than perhaps it should've done.

e-rider

crappy member
only 1 week until this event - exciting!

OP
OP
doogle84

doogle84

Exciting and worrying! Im up to 40 miles at a time now, so hoping this will be enough to see me through. The route looks uphill to roughly half way and downhill from there, which helps the confidence a bit.

I live on the Worcestershire/Warwickshire border and I ended up going backwards round some of the Warwickshire 100 by coincidence on Sunday which was a great sneak peek :bicycle:

e-rider

crappy member
If you are doing 40 miles in training you'll have no trouble with 100km - just don't go off too fast which is very tempting in these sort of rides. I'm doing the 105 mile route but I've had a cold for the last 2 weeks so it might actually be quite difficult in the end, especially if the weather is bad (rain is forecast)

OP
OP
doogle84

doogle84

Indeed, much hillier than I expected. Made it round in 5:28 for the 100km route and felt completely drained last night!

Some tough climbs before the feed stops, but the last third was nicely downhill and downwind which made for an enjoyable finish.

Top Bottom