Peugeot carbolite rear derailer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rebuild1961

Hello. I have been off this site for some time. A year ago I started a complete rest on a carbolite. I cannot remember how to put the rear derailler back on the dropout. Any help, tks.
0130191130.jpg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The threaded bolt at the top of the mech screws into the gear hanger below the dropout.

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

Ok thank you. If I remember correctly, I had to remove the cage before and after the process. The threaded piece does not move freely so I have to manually screw the unit in place?

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

Just another pic. It stops short, the black ring tip catches on the dropout and there is still threads exposed leaving me short a few turns
0130191601.jpg

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Ok thank you. If I remember correctly, I had to remove the cage before and after the process. The threaded piece does not move freely so I have to manually screw the unit in place?
It should turn with an Allen key. Just line it up carefully so you don't cross thread and use the long end of the Allen key with minimal pressure till it is fully home and then tighten.

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

It should turn with an Allen key. Just line it up carefully so you don't cross thread and use the long end of the Allen key with minimal pressure till it is fully home and then tighten.
Ok I will try an allen key. I do see the shape inside the screw head. I basically forgot what I did last year. I had 2 1990's bmx bike come my way and got both of them done ground up resto. Thanks again.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's the 'F' stop that's getting in the way. You need to move that rearwards as you engage the mounting bolt.

OP
OP
Rebuild1961

Rebuild1961

Ok I will try an allen key. I do see the shape inside the screw head. I basically forgot what I did last year. I had 2 1990's bmx bike come my way and got both of them done ground up resto. Thanks again.
Got it. Now I can move on to resto a early Super Record that came from All Star Cycles in California. Found it on EBay 80 bucks 40 for shipping. Got all
0130191653.jpg
0130191653a.jpg
Raliegh hardware. It was kept indoors so not a hard cleanup.

Top Bottom