Peugeot Elite 1986 - new arrival

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I got wind of a couple of bikes locally late yesterday evening and collected the first this morning.

It's a 1986 Peugeot Elite, 52cm frame with 700c wheels. But - whilst it's not had much use (the paper id tag's still there) it hasn't been looked after. 10 speed Carbolite frame and everything works, or at least it did until the gear cable snapped on second use due to rust! Seatpost moves, tyres hold air but the wheel rims are rusty and the frame's marked.

DSCF4890_zpsz0uvvvd5.jpg

I may end up just punting it on as a restoration project once I've replaced the rear gear cable. As the seatpost is free it won't just be parts.

The second bike I got wind of ... well if that happens I'll post it here as it's a little bit special.

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
It's a 1986 Peugeot Elite, 52cm frame.

Did the previous owner have long legs and short arms ?

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Did the previous owner have long legs and short arms ?

Nope - previous owner was about 5' 4". The seatpost's been moved for me to ride up and down the road. At which point I realised I'm too tall - I hadn't any useful photo / measurements / details to work off before I'd agreed to pick it up.

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
Nope - previous owner was about 5' 4". The seatpost's been moved for me to ride up and down the road. At which point I realised I' m too tall - I hadn't any useful photo / measurements / details to work off before I'd agreed to pick it up.

I thought the seat looked too far forward and a shortish stem, at 5' 10" I have a fixie with a 53cm frame, perfectley rideable with a 120cm stem and the seat further back.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Well yesterday I did get a second new arrival. On riding home I passed (most of) a bike, minus the front wheel. The owner was nearby and I got chatting. Apparently some girls had come along and taken the front wheel whilst he was inside his house.

So he gave me the bike!

And a little further along the road was ...

... wait for it ...

... the front wheel.

No girls though.

What was this bicycle that it should be important enough to appear on the back end of a minor thread in this sub-forum?

Not the Hercules above, but much rarer.

Much, much rarer.

And bright yellow :becool:

It's got to be worth a fortune.

Or at least the previous owner drank a fortune of beer to get it.

I'm going to look like a banana riding it.

It's a ...

Corona Extra mountain bike:

$_86.JPG

All 18 speeds of double-suspension heaviness!

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Well yesterday I did get a second new arrival. On riding home I passed (most of) a bike, minus the front wheel. The owner was nearby and I got chatting. Apparently some girls had come along and taken the front wheel whilst he was inside his house.

So he gave me the bike!

And a little further along the road was ...

... wait for it ...

... the front wheel.

What was it?

Not the Hercules above, but much rarer.

It's got to be worth a fortune.

Or at least the previous owner drank a fortune of beer to get it.

It's a ...

Corona Extra mountain bike:

View attachment 345033

All 18 speeds of double-suspension heaviness!

Oh dear!
I think you would have to be drunk to buy a bike like that :smile:

Edit- April fool?

Last edited:
Top Bottom