Peugeot PX10?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpenter

Über Member
I'll have a lot if that is alright

OP
OP
funk2monk

funk2monk

I'll have a lot if that is alright
Hi Carpenter,
Its just a frame and forks? The frame has the remains of the seat post stuck in it. I cut it off flush with the frame hoping to be able to cut it out but unfortunately its in to far to reach the bottom.
Its got your name on it.

carpenter

Über Member
Hi funk - just frame and forks will be fine (thinking about dissolving it out:eek: if the seat post is aluminium, then a bit of caustic should do it, although reaction is very exothermic so don't try it at home unless you have experience with chemicals).

If it works, I'll let you know :smile:

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Hi funk - just frame and forks will be fine (thinking about dissolving it out:eek: if the seat post is aluminium, then a bit of caustic should do it, although reaction is very exothermic so don't try it at home unless you have experience with chemicals).

If it works, I'll let you know :smile:
I’ve recently done this on a Peugeot Electra frame.
There was a 4” length of seatpost stuck about 4” from the top of the seat tube.
I inverted the frame and plugged the seat tube, then poured in the caustic soda solution via the BB shell.
I dissolved 200g of the caustic powder in 500ml warm water iirc.
Took 1.5Kg to get rid of the stuck post.
As you said - take all proper precautions. Safety goggles and gloves at minimum.
It is a lively reaction, so choose an appropriate place outdoors and have a bucket of water to hand.

PHL67

Veteran
Hi PHL67 either return to scrap yard or free to a good home if anyone is interested, Just need to strip them down this weekend.
I take it has gone. Sorry been working and just got in.

Top Bottom