Peugeot Racer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Warny

Über Member
Hi all,

Picked up this in the last week, it's a bit small for me but rides ok. Sachs Huret gears and Weinmann brakes, more recent wheels and seat. Wondering who the signature might be on the frame, any ideas? 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If no other reference to a name elsewhere it could have been applied by a previous owner.
It's a base level bike with Peugeot's plain gauge tubing and cottered cranks.
I'd say it's from the late seventies/early eighties but if you want to date it more accurately this might help you;
http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Sachs-Huret_derailleurs.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Thanks, I can't quite work out the name but probably no-one famous then:smile: The gear levers are dated 1989, brake pads are longer than the older-style ones so maybe they were the standard fit towards the 90's. They are pretty good to be fair.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
There were zillions of them about in the seventies and eighties. The cottered cranks suggest yours was one of the earlier models as cotterless was used later.

Interesting bike in a historical way, but nothing more than a cheap BSO. I bought one to commute on in '82 when I returned to cycling after a break, £110 IIRC.

Top Bottom