Peugoet Tandem project.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Have been loaned this bike as a long termer but it does need some TLC.

upload_2017-10-18_21-31-42.png

I made start today by stripping off some of the junk and fitting some of my own saddles and pedals but there is lots to do including re-spoking the rear wheel.

I will post back with updates as I go.......

Colin_P

Guru
How do those brakes perform?

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Collected my 4 pin freewheel remover this morning so can now start on the rear wheel rebuild. I already have a set of DT Alpine III spokes waiting so once the freewheel is off and brake drum hub serviced I can get straight on with the wheel resurrection. :hyper:

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
OK. Finally got this beast back together!

Had a few hiccups along the way, including an aborted attempt at rebuilding the back wheel, due to ordering spokes that were too short (could have sworn I carefully measured the old ones and bought the same?)

Finished off today after lacing the wheel last night. Have spent the day tidying and freshening up all the cabling. Have just taken a link out of the rear chain and tensioned the front chain via adjustable front bottom bracket so no more left to do :wahhey:

Kids seem to like it.....

upload_2018-5-23_20-43-38.png

Mrs Skol even got in on the act after swearing she never would....

upload_2018-5-23_20-46-1.png

Looking pretty good after a wash to remove over 10yrs of storage dust.

upload_2018-5-23_20-48-35.png

Looking forward to riding this myself. Could be fun on the Fallowfield Loop methinks.....

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
OK. Finally got this beast back together!

Had a few hiccups along the way, including an aborted attempt at rebuilding the back wheel, due to ordering spokes that were too short (could have sworn I carefully measured the old ones and bought the same?)

Finished off today after lacing the wheel last night. Have spent the day tidying and freshening up all the cabling. Have just taken a link out of the rear chain and tensioned the front chain via adjustable front bottom bracket so no more left to do :wahhey:

Kids seem to like it.....

View attachment 410737

Mrs Skol even got in on the act after swearing she never would....

View attachment 410738

Looking pretty good after a wash to remove over 10yrs of storage dust.

View attachment 410739

Looking forward to riding this myself. Could be fun on the Fallowfield Loop methinks.....
ace pics.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Mrs Skud would get into cycling if I had one of those :laugh:

Top Bottom