1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

peurile

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Kirstie, 25 Feb 2008.

1. I know this is very peurile, and I shouldn't laugh because place names are all serious, have history and meaning and all that...but I was touring at the weekend and came across this place...which is apparently called something like 'panty jelly' pfffffffffffffft!!

2. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Hehehe.

I went on a bike ride in Hertfordshire a few years ago and we stumbled on 'Minges Farmhouse'. That made me laugh lots too. I also cycled through Slaggyford this summer ;)

3. Photos, we need photos!
    My friend and I are planning the 'single entendre' tour. I can't find the url of it at the moment but there's a website where you can find all the rude placenames nearest to you by entering your postcode. We're going to plan a tour which takes in as many of them as possible, and make sure we get photographic evidence of each 'site'.
    Incidentally, at the weekend we also cycled close to a place called 'three cocks' and 'lord herefords knob', which is a hill just outside hay on wye. There weren't any signs though...

4. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Cockermouth always makes me chuckle. There is also a place called Thong, and all the others i cant remember. There are a few more places with funny names, it was on the "impossible quiz" thats on the internet.

5. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

Panty Jelly? Is that what ladies get after a long ride?

I'll get me coat...

6. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

Isle of Dogs

I love dogs?

Oh forget it.

7. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

I cannot condone such childish behaviour

I cannot possibly encourage such an immature sense of humour.......

Oh alright then

Near home there is a little village called Pidley-cum-fenton

As children we always used to snigger at the name of a place near my Grandmothers in Raunds called "Titty Ho"

8. Hover Fly

Hover Fly Lover of the bunny

Isle of Ewe, off the coast of Scotland.

9. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Staff Member

Are you thinking of http://places.jump-around.com/closest/ by any chance? This shows Minges a mere 13.5 miles away from me:tongue: and Bummers Hill 10.2 miles away, presumably in a similar direction. Tyttenhanger sounds like it's German for womens underwear:becool:. As for Shaftenhoe End - pffffft!;) I don't think I'll go to Herberts Hole, though;).

10. TheDoctor - you are a star.
    The single entendre tour will have to include at least two places:
    Bell End, Worcestershire
    Willey, Leicestershire

11. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

The Cock of Arran is quite close to Fanny hill but a long way from Brest

12. There's also this place in Austria (nsfw)

13. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Pronounced "Pantergethli."

14. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

is that the place that stopped replacing the sign because english-speaking tourists were forever nicking it?

15. Don't ruin my fun...!
    And yes this is the very place...