peurile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know this is very peurile, and I shouldn't laugh because place names are all serious, have history and meaning and all that...but I was touring at the weekend and came across this place...which is apparently called something like 'panty jelly' pfffffffffffffft!!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Hehehe.

I went on a bike ride in Hertfordshire a few years ago and we stumbled on 'Minges Farmhouse'. That made me laugh lots too. I also cycled through Slaggyford this summer ;)

Photos, we need photos!
My friend and I are planning the 'single entendre' tour. I can't find the url of it at the moment but there's a website where you can find all the rude placenames nearest to you by entering your postcode. We're going to plan a tour which takes in as many of them as possible, and make sure we get photographic evidence of each 'site'.
Incidentally, at the weekend we also cycled close to a place called 'three cocks' and 'lord herefords knob', which is a hill just outside hay on wye. There weren't any signs though...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Cockermouth always makes me chuckle. There is also a place called Thong, and all the others i cant remember. There are a few more places with funny names, it was on the "impossible quiz" thats on the internet.

I cannot condone such childish behaviour

I cannot possibly encourage such an immature sense of humour.......

Oh alright then

Near home there is a little village called Pidley-cum-fenton

As children we always used to snigger at the name of a place near my Grandmothers in Raunds called "Titty Ho"

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Kirstie said:
Photos, we need photos!
My friend and I are planning the 'single entendre' tour. I can't find the url of it at the moment but there's a website where you can find all the rude placenames nearest to you by entering your postcode. We're going to plan a tour which takes in as many of them as possible, and make sure we get photographic evidence of each 'site'.
Incidentally, at the weekend we also cycled close to a place called 'three cocks' and 'lord herefords knob', which is a hill just outside hay on wye. There weren't any signs though...

Are you thinking of http://places.jump-around.com/closest/ by any chance? This shows Minges a mere 13.5 miles away from me:tongue: and Bummers Hill 10.2 miles away, presumably in a similar direction. Tyttenhanger sounds like it's German for womens underwear:becool:. As for Shaftenhoe End - pffffft!;) I don't think I'll go to Herberts Hole, though;).

Kirstie said:
I know this is very peurile, and I shouldn't laugh because place names are all serious, have history and meaning and all that...but I was touring at the weekend and came across this place...which is apparently called something like 'panty jelly' pfffffffffffffft!!

Pronounced "Pantergethli."

Top Bottom