Phil Spector, RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Famous record producer, Phil Spector, dies of COVID-19 in prison, aged 81, whilst serving 19 years for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson. Spector, best known for his innovative and influential 'Wall of Sound' production formula, shot Ms Clarkson in the mouth in 2003 after she refused his advances. Ms Clarkson's teeth were found scattered all over the carpet of Mr Spector's California mansion. He would have been eligible for parole in 2024 - LOL.

There - FTFY.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People can argue about the exact wording, but nothing will please everyone.
I'm totally OK with the emphasis on his contribution to music; if he had just been a murderer, he wouldn't be in the news at all.
Personally I plan to listen to his records (and enjoy them) for the rest of my life. Rereading Ms Clarkson's case files won't bring her back, and won't bring joy to anyone - the justice system has taken care of that side of things, it's not my job.
Fair enough.

I went through this with Woody Allen... I used to think he was a very funny (witty) little man and enjoyed his films; now I think he is a very funny (creepy) little man and don't... :whistle:

It’s no understatement to say he revolutionised popular music and influenced all that came after him. He seemed to go a bit crazy in the seventies and his wife (Ronnie Bennett of Ronettes fame) left him in fear of her life. He held a gun to Leonard Cohen’s head when recording an album with him.
Worth remembering he died of COVID so a reminder for us all to stay safe out there.
I think he was crazy before.
I think it was maybe in the recent award winning beatles biog that I read that Ronnie Spector told someone that his need to control was so great that not only was he very reluctant for her to go out without him but that he said that on the rare occasion she was allowed out in the car without him she had to have a blow-up phil spector sitting alongside her.
Great producer(I love those records) but a cracked bad man.

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
1612548397036.png

Phil Spector in his pomp

I think he was crazy before.
I think it was maybe in the recent award winning beatles biog that I read that Ronnie Spector told someone that his need to control was so great that not only was he very reluctant for her to go out without him but that he said that on the rare occasion she was allowed out in the car without him she had to have a blow-up phil spector sitting alongside her.
Great producer(I love those records) but a cracked bad man.

Ronnie Spector in the 60s though.... Jesus I would give up my left *** to go back in time and meet her.

Then again Phil probably would have had me assassinated... that god damn lucky control freak.

He was brought to justice in the end up though. Just a shame someones live had to be lost.

Top Bottom