Phishing Email

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex H

Legendary Member
My wife received this today in her gmail account, allegedly from Microsoft

Your OneDrive is about to be deleted

Your xxxxxx@gmail.com personal account has been unused for two years and is currently frozen. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Your OneDrive will be deleted on or after 06/12/2019 unless you go to OneDrive.com to reactivate it.

Learn more about what it means to be frozen.

Note: This message applies only to your personal OneDrive account. This message doesn’t affect any OneDrive work or school accounts that you may also have

So it does help not to have all things Microsoft

My wife received this today in her gmail account, allegedly from Microsoft

Your OneDrive is about to be deleted

Your xxxxxx@gmail.com personal account has been unused for two years and is currently frozen. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Your OneDrive will be deleted on or after 06/12/2019 unless you go to OneDrive.com to reactivate it.

Learn more about what it means to be frozen.

Note: This message applies only to your personal OneDrive account. This message doesn’t affect any OneDrive work or school accounts that you may also have

So it does help not to have all things Microsoft

The icing on the cake for me is that they try and send exactly the same emails to me claiming to be "Microsoft Germany"...

Drago

Legendary Member
I got one claiming they had a video of me having a J. Arthur and I had to pay a ransom or they'd send the video to my contact list.

I use a unique password for each site, so it was easy to establish which site had been compromised.

I'm quite sure they don't have a sexy video of me, and if they did I couldn't care less who they distributed it to, so they can go whistle. Sadly, some schmucks fall for this sort of wheeze.

Drago

Legendary Member
Each website that requires a sign in of any kind. They crack sites, often forums, and that's how they get the email address and your password to offer as proof of their having a video of you having a Barclays.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Each website that requires a sign in of any kind. They crack sites, often forums, and that's how they get the email address and your password to offer as proof of their having a video of you having a Barclays.
I had that type of message (multiple times). They definitely HAD cracked a site that I had been on (or been handed my password) because it was one of a collection of passwords that I use for non-critical logins.

It's amazing how they could get my webcam to take a video of me, considering that it has had a piece of duct tape stuck over the lens since I bought the laptop! :whistle: :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
I had that type of message (multiple times). They definitely HAD cracked a site that I had been on (or been handed my password) because it was one of a collection of passwords that I use for non-critical logins.

It's amazing how they could get my webcam to take a video of me, considering that it has had a piece of duct tape stuck over the lens since I bought the laptop! :whistle: :okay:
Sounds as though you may worried "they" are spying on you!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Our daughter's partner is a computer whizz and told us all to stick something over every computer's camera lens ... he didn't go into any details.

My main pc doesn't have a webcam at all. It's a, what do you call it, oh yes, a "desktop" machine. What a retro techie I am! Still get those emails occasionally, just keep passwords complex and changed every so often.

Top Bottom