Phobias

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Catapillars..

Stems from when I was a young kid, went running through a huge bush and came out the otherside covered head to toe in the furry little feckers..

Priscilla Parsley

You shouldn't swim in any reservoir, but you definitely don't want to swim in Ladybower!

118978014_e5f133e40f.jpg
[/quote]

Oh God, chilling, I have always hated reservoirs, i think becuase they are so still, lifeless. they look like the end of the world.

snapper_37 said:
Yes, I was sent a fab powerpoint presentation on that place. It's beautiful. I'd love to go - just wouldn't be able to go anywhere near the edge.

I would like to absail off that.

I did this one many moons ago, I do miss climbing, but the absence of a left knee makes it difficult these days.
malhamcovepaulheaton.jpg

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Where's that Cat? I absailed a couple of times as a kid and it never bothered me. Wouldn't fancy it now.

snapper_37 said:
Where's that Cat? I absailed a couple of times as a kid and it never bothered me. Wouldn't fancy it now.

Apparently it is called Malham Cove now, it was Malham Scar when I was there in the '80's in the Yorkshire dales, 260 feet high, you cannot see from that angle but it overhangs a lot, the best method of getting down was to run and jump well out and try to drop about 80 feet, this gave enough swing on the line to get to the face.

Catrike UK said:
I would like to absail off that.

I did this one many moons ago, I do miss climbing, but the absence of a left knee makes it difficult these days.
malhamcovepaulheaton.jpg

I've also abseiled off that, twice, both times with a hangover after the club dinner which probably made my senses sufficiently numb not to care. Funny that despite my aversion to heights I took up rock climbing but an aversion is not really a phobia and I discovered that with the right focus I could control a fear.

Phobia wise, the only weird thing that makes me feel dizzy occasionally but not always, is things being out of proportion. Remember that Kenny Everet sketch with Brother Lee Love and he'd come on with the giant hands? I couldn't watch that. Just occasionally something quite innocuous catches me unawares. I think it all stems from a recurring nightmare, where a little cube used to roll around the room towards me getting bigger all the time - psycho-analysts please.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Crackle said:
Phobia wise, the only weird thing that makes me feel dizzy occasionally but not always, is things being out of proportion. Remember that Kenny Everet sketch with Brother Lee Love and he'd come on with the giant hands? I couldn't watch that. Just occasionally something quite innocuous catches me unawares. I think it all stems from a recurring nightmare, where a little cube used to roll around the room towards me getting bigger all the time - psycho-analysts please.
Oh no - You've got me at it now!

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
It is not heights so much that worry me (I happily went up the Empire State building over Christmas) but edges ! Just looking at those pictures of Preikestolen gave me the willies ! And also, strangely it is not a fear that I will fall off, rather that the other people will just take it into their minds to wander over the edge. :biggrin:

Top Bottom