Phobias

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

radger

Veteran
cisamcgu said:
And also, strangely it is not a fear that I will fall off, rather that the other people will just take it into their minds to wander over the edge. :biggrin:

I know that feeling - I suffered it at the Grand Canyon. I was merrily standing on the edge looking down; so was probably having the same effect on the people making me feel sick by being near the edge as they were having on me.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
ColinJ said:

Just to go off topic - how do you do that - ie the link with text??

montage

God Almighty
snapper, highlight the text you want to link and then click that little symbol next to "insert image".

Hmmm I am lucky that I don't really have any phobias.....but I hate roundabouts!
Oh and slimy girls that crawl up a well and out of your telly to suck your face off (reference to The Ring)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I tried that, highlighted the long link, then clicked on "insert image" which brought up a new box asking me for the name I want to call it. Do I then deleter the http bit in the new box?

I clicked ok, but it just showed the full link instead of my short link. :tongue:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
My wife is scared of reptiles - even pictures of them.

I think death is so low on that list because really all phobias are indirect fears of death - didn't Freud say something about that?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Speicher said:
I tried that, highlighted the long link, then clicked on "insert image" which brought up a new box asking me for the name I want to call it. Do I then deleter the http bit in the new box?

I clicked ok, but it just showed the full link instead of my short link. :tongue:
No, it's the blue icon under the white smiley face icon that you need to click! If you look closely, the blue icon is supposed to represent the world (as in World Wide Web) and the thing at the bottom of it it is a piece of chain (hence link). It's a bit contrived, but that's it!

Actually, it would help if there were little popup descriptions of what each icon did. I'll ask Shaun (Admin) if he can make that happen.

createlink.gif

That one ^

Copy the link you want to paste
highlight the words in your post you want to make the link
Click that icon
Paste the link you copied into the box that pops up and OK it
THere you go

puddleglum

:tongue: I can't believe that devil's plughole at Ladybower reservoir has already been mentioned. I saw it for the first time last night on another post and had loads of nightmares.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
ColinJ said:
No, it's the blue icon under the white smiley face icon that you need to click! If you look closely, the blue icon is supposed to represent the world (as in World Wide Web) and the thing at the bottom of it it is a piece of chain (hence link). It's a bit contrived, but that's it!

Actually, it would help if there were little popup descriptions of what each icon did. I'll ask Shaun (Admin) if he can make that happen.

Yes :biggrin: I read Montage's instructions incorrectly, he did say "next to the Insert Image icon". I will try again. Thank you for correcting me. :ohmy:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Flying_Monkey said:
My wife is scared of reptiles - even pictures of them.

I think death is so low on that list because really all phobias are indirect fears of death - didn't Freud say something about that?

I have no idea FM. You are the clever one here... I think you are correct though, but how can spiders be an indirect fear of death???? Unless it's an extremely vemenous one, of course.

Oh, and who's Freud?? :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I might be meeting some Tarantulas next week. :biggrin: Are they dangerous if they are well-fed and not frightened.

May also meet some lizards and frogs, but I quite like them. Oh! this was the Phobias thread, sorry to go OT.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Speicher said:
I might be meeting some Tarantulas next week. :ohmy: Are they dangerous if they are well-fed and not frightened.

May also meet some lizards and frogs, but I quite like them. Oh! this was the Phobias thread, sorry to go OT.

Oh my life! You have mentioned frogs!!!! :biggrin: :ohmy: And toads - yuk!!!

I forgot to add them to the list :biggrin:

Well, not a phobia, just don't like them.

Met a lovely Chameleon at a rescue centre in Rhodes. Her name was Prickles. I was ok until she started climbing up me.

Tarantulas are supposed to be ok, but I'm sure there are more with better knowledge who can advise.

Top Bottom