Phone keeps crashing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My 'smart' phone has developed a habit of shutting down every ten minutes and restarting, after which of course it demands a pin for my SIM card.

As it is fairly new I can send it back of course, but that's a faff I could do without; is there a simple fix that will persuade it to stop doing this? Some kind of reset perhaps?

Brand?
If it's backed up to Google (and check that it is!) you could try a factory reset, normally available under settings. Mine is "Settings", "About Phone", "Factory Reset".

You could also Google your brand/model and a brief description.

Mine, a Xiamoi 10, sometimes does this. a "blitz" (apologies ^_^ ) for maybe a day or two and then back to normal. Had I bought mine more locally, I'd be inclined to return.

Good luck!

I've done a hard reset, so far it hasn't done the same. I'll slowly download apps and see how it reacts.

I always expect something like this to happen, so I had the bare minimum of personal data on the wretched thing , so thankfully it won't take much to get it back to normal.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Also, be worth checking to see if there are any software updates for the phone. Go into settings and you can check.

gbb

Legendary Member
Errr no. :smile:
I have an iPhone (work) and a Samsung ( personal) My iPhone frequently needs a hard reset, screen goes black, you can just just see the display if you go in a dark room but it's unusable. I hard reset mine about 2 or 3 times a week.
Samsung, never had a problem with any of them really.

It's just the phone I assume, bad luck, a Friday afternoon job so's to speak. But iPhone aren't problem free.

gbb

Legendary Member
Is it in a case? Ill fitting ones sometimes cause resets.

Mine is, a rubbery sleeve rather than a case. Hmm, never thought that may be causing it. I will remove it and monitor it.

No sleeves or anything. After a full factory reset it's started the same trick again, so it's going back next week.

It's often said there's more computing power in a smart phone than the Lunar Lander, but at least the lander worked...

Top Bottom