1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phones x3!!

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Maz, 10 Dec 2007.

1. Maz

Maz Guru

Weird stuff happened on the way back from work.

Found a mobile phone on the road a couple of feet away from a parked car. Think - what shall I do. I slow down, stop and pick it up, decide to knock on the door of the house where the car is parked. 1 minute later lady thankfully reunited with mobile phone. 10 minutes later, same thing happens again!! Another mobile in the road, intact, nexted to a parked car. Do the same again, knock on the door - another grateful person reunited with phone... I wonder if I'll get home at this rate.

Finally on the home stretch and I see yet another phone, but it's been crushed by traffic. Guess I didn't get there quick enough!

2. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

i'll always remember the phone I threw out of the first storey warehouse window into the road back in 2002 - a Sony CMD-Z10. Loved that phone. Can't get 'em anymore. It only got damaged when it got crushed by a car.

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Er, why did you throw your favourite phone out of the window?

My dad has a couple of those in a drawer BTW. They're rubbish.

4. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Well duh, it wasn't going to fly out by itself was it?:tongue:

5. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Maz, you are Phones Reunited Man!

Good for karma, but you'll make more money if you keep them to sell...:angry:

I too am interested to hear why bonj threw his phone out of a window...:tongue:

6. Maz

Maz Guru

I dunno, but maybe that 3rd phone I saw was the one Bonj chucked out of the window.

7. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Could have been an accident - I once threw my mates favorite CD out of the car window on the motorway. I was pretending to chuck it out, but it slipped through my fingers and actually went out of the window :angry::blush::tongue:

8. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

Basically, because I was mental.
    I'd "got angry with it", because I'd suddenly decided to become 'all organic'.
    Are they the silver ones with the wheel and raucous ringtone? They're class. ;)

9. mrben

mrben New Member

You can get nice bluetooth wristbands now, that vibrate when a call comes in, but also vibrate if your phone is more than 5m away.

10. Pete

Pete Guest

Interesting 'happening' in France a few weeks ago - driving. Stopped by the roadside to go for a pee: being more modest than the average Frenchman and the road being busy, I took a stroll some way into the woods, jumping over various ditches and tree trunks en route, until I found a suitable tree. Having done the deed, retraced steps to the car then discovered the phone - which had been in shirt pocket - missing. Wasn't switched on, so couldn't try the dodge of ringing from my wife's phone. Had to retrace steps all the way back to what I guessed to be the tree where I'd 'performed'. Lots of leaf litter and other debris all over the ground.

We found it. Eventually! ;):tongue: