Phones x3!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Weird stuff happened on the way back from work.

Found a mobile phone on the road a couple of feet away from a parked car. Think - what shall I do. I slow down, stop and pick it up, decide to knock on the door of the house where the car is parked. 1 minute later lady thankfully reunited with mobile phone. 10 minutes later, same thing happens again!! Another mobile in the road, intact, nexted to a parked car. Do the same again, knock on the door - another grateful person reunited with phone... I wonder if I'll get home at this rate.

Finally on the home stretch and I see yet another phone, but it's been crushed by traffic. Guess I didn't get there quick enough!

bonj2

i'll always remember the phone I threw out of the first storey warehouse window into the road back in 2002 - a Sony CMD-Z10. Loved that phone. Can't get 'em anymore. It only got damaged when it got crushed by a car.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz, you are Phones Reunited Man!

Good for karma, but you'll make more money if you keep them to sell...:angry:

I too am interested to hear why bonj threw his phone out of a window...:tongue:

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Arch said:
I too am interested to hear why bonj threw his phone out of a window...:tongue:
I dunno, but maybe that 3rd phone I saw was the one Bonj chucked out of the window.

Er, why did you throw your favourite phone out of the window?

Could have been an accident - I once threw my mates favorite CD out of the car window on the motorway. I was pretending to chuck it out, but it slipped through my fingers and actually went out of the window :angry::blush::tongue:

bonj2

Er, why did you throw your favourite phone out of the window?
Basically, because I was mental.
I'd "got angry with it", because I'd suddenly decided to become 'all organic'.
My dad has a couple of those in a drawer BTW. They're rubbish.
Are they the silver ones with the wheel and raucous ringtone? They're class. ;)

mrben

You can get nice bluetooth wristbands now, that vibrate when a call comes in, but also vibrate if your phone is more than 5m away.

Pete

Interesting 'happening' in France a few weeks ago - driving. Stopped by the roadside to go for a pee: being more modest than the average Frenchman and the road being busy, I took a stroll some way into the woods, jumping over various ditches and tree trunks en route, until I found a suitable tree. Having done the deed, retraced steps to the car then discovered the phone - which had been in shirt pocket - missing. Wasn't switched on, so couldn't try the dodge of ringing from my wife's phone. Had to retrace steps all the way back to what I guessed to be the tree where I'd 'performed'. Lots of leaf litter and other debris all over the ground.

We found it. Eventually! ;):tongue:

Top Bottom