Photo gallery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucers

Guru
I've just been browsing the photo gallery. Some of the bikes in there I think look horrible! Being the nice chap I am I'm never going to say this to the individuals as they obviously like their bikes and of course we all have our own particular tastes.

I don't assume I'm the only one. I wonder if there are a few specific bikes that are disliked (for their looks) and have less admirers than most. I don't mean some of the oddbod contraptions and home made disasters but the more mainstream makes and styles. Could be amusing to find out if your bike is deemed ugly!!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
brucers beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I think my best bike looks boring, and my winter bike is vaguely attractive if you like bianchi celeste. I see better looking bikes everyday, but also worse ones. A boring looking bike means I don't look like a prat being passed on steep hills with my face a beetroot colour:blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm not so nice as to not say...so.
I detest Celeste Bianchi's, hate Red Tribans and poo-pooh Black Boardmans.
But that's just me. Other people love them... and that's all that matters.
I am under no illusion that my bikes are universally liked, but that's the nature of the beast.
It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing.

I am under no illusion that my bikes are universally liked, but that's the nature of the beast.
LOL, that made me giggle, my best bike is a "poo black Boardman" and my winter bike is a celest bianchi. Doesn't stop me dreaming of some other more colourful bikes though:thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
LOL, that made me giggle, my best bike is a "poo black Boardman" and my winter bike is a celest bianchi. Doesn't stop me dreaming of some other more colourful bikes though:thumbsup:

Haha classic..:thumbsup:
Thing is, you enjoy them and that is all that matters.

RAYMOND

A bikes for riding,not looking at.
Saying that we all like them to look good.
As long as they look good to us the rider that's all that matters.

OP
OP
B

brucers

Guru
Ironically I have a black Boardman and whilst I don't dislike it, I think it is very mediocre in the looks stakes. Excellent machine though.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I ride a roubaix, and I can understand some people dont like the zertz in the forks and seatstays, or the long headtube.

Those people are free to air those views to anyone that wants to listen. Not to me though... im off for a nice comfy century...

Top Bottom