Photos atop your favourite climbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
From top of Mont Aigoual, Cevennes region. The village (Valleraugue) I was aiming for is in the valley and it's a 55 minute freewheel to it (30km). Absolutely no pedalling at any point.
CIMG2408.JPG

I like this one because it one shows Mont Ventoux in the distance looking as if it is snow covered. Taken from Saignon in the Luberon. I climbed MV a few days later.
CIMG1838.JPG

Finally me struggling up Wrynose. I'm not the one walking (don't know who he is apologies if he's on CC). I cleaned both Wrynose and Hardknott that day (although Hardknott from the easier side).
IMG_1249.jpg

I don't seem to have pics of my local climbs, I suppose because I don't generally take a camera and being local familiarity breeds contempt (boy I can see me regretting typing that the next time I'm out!!) , but I shall have to rectify that, there are some great climbs I do in the Peak District.

Cragg Vale. Loads of fun with 6kg of kit hanging off the back and a 25mph head wind!
27Cragg Vale.JPG

29Cragg Vale3.JPG

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Cragg Vale. Loads of fun with 6kg of kit hanging off the back and a 25mph head wind! View attachment 117603
View attachment 117604
For those of you who don't know ... my photos a few pages back were taken from the A58 at Blackstone Edge looking down to Littleborough and Hollingworth Lake. The A58 goes over the top of Blackstone Edge and then descends to Ripponden on the way down to Sowerby Bridge on the fringes of Halifax. EasyPeez's pictures show the 3rd way up to Blackstone Edge from Mytholmroyd on the B6138 via Cragg Vale.

It is by no means a huge climb from any of the 3 directions but some nice loops can be put together taking in that summit and there is always a good descent to look forward to.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
2015 from my aborted jogle :sad: View attachment 117492
Why the discrepancy in altitude compared to my picture?
Did you come up it from the other side?
We started from Glasgow, via Callander, Pitlochry, Aviemore.
I think the other side, the one we descended, was harder.

OP
OP
blazed

blazed

220lb+
As mentioned by @ian

This was me at 2800 View attachment 117608 m in Oct 2014. I got as far as I could, but there was too much snow. We are going 3 weeks earlier, so hopefully I will be able to get to the top this time.
Veleta looks a great climb I've looked a lot at it myself. Good proximity to the airport. Stelvio was a very long drive from Milan, although we stopped at lake garda on the way back to break it up.

Muana kea is the ultimate climb for me, just requires a lot more planning.

Top Bottom