Photos - for the website or always take them anyway?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mainly associated with the "your ride today" thread, but I must admit, I find myself taking the camera out more and more, just to record the ride I have done for this website - I put them on strava as well but thats about it. Often think, ooh thats a good photo for cycle chat when I get home and upload them...

So, for those of you who take photos on the ride, do you do it no matter what, for your own records, or do you do them on the basis that it will be on cycle chat later on?

Also, seems a good point to note it, the "your ride today" is a huge motivation to me to get out...often I have thought cba tomorrow, but if I go on the thread and see what everyone else is doing it gets me out, anyone else the same?

Katherine

Guru
Some photos for myself and some for CC. Besides the Your Ride Today thread, there are a lot of photo challenges in the Gallery section.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I take my cycling trip photos mainly so I can look at them in years to come. I select my favourites, and configure my home PCs to cycle through them (pun intended) for the desktop background, changing every 10 minutes. That way, I get continual reminders of the best moments from these trips.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Some of my photos go on CC, some on FB, some on Strava, sometimes on all 3 places.
I keep most on my hard drive too.
A good cleanup is due, there's no point keeping pictures on the hard drive if they are online.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Some of my photos go on CC, some on FB, some on Strava, sometimes on all 3 places.
I keep most on my hard drive too.
A good cleanup is due, there's no point keeping pictures on the hard drive if they are online.
Not necessarily, sometimes online servers can lose your photos. I believe in backups (as a software engineer, I frequently run into situations where I need to restore backed-up files). It's always good to have multiple copies of data. All my previous trip photos are written to DVDs as well as sitting on my home PCs.

Bonus

Veteran
For myself, for posting on here and on Instagram, to send copies to clients. With a phone and Whatsapp it's all just so cheap & easy . . .

As if happens, Mrs Bonus is currently going through old photo albums (hard copies!) and sorting out what to keep and what to chuck. Back in the old days it was very easy to take an awful photo - but when you finally got the pictures back - 5 weeks after the event - you tended to just keep everything.

I have everything backed up in several places :-)

Top Bottom