Picking up my new bike today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Enjoy the day, remember to post pictures please !!

What bike are you picking up ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Carrera zelos ladies. From halfords. Got to say, young chap was very helpful and informative so I'm waiting for him to start his shift to complete the whole buying/selling process
Have you ridden a roadbike before? If it doesn’t have already, you might find cross lever brakes fitted to the handlebars are useful for braking in traffic, steep descents etc. See how you get on with the brifters, but the option is there :smile:

nickAKA

Über Member
Go for it!
My only advice is stick to quieter roads til you've honed your traffic spidey senses (busy juctions are intimidating initially but you'll soon get there, literally), always wear a helmet and get a decent pair of shorts :okay:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
.... Oh and a track pump might be useful.

c8f16bf0548f9cd368535e30ce6cffe9.jpg

OP
OP
Sjw

Sjw

Just fell off it :eek: .
Going to take some practise and tarmac hurts!

OP
OP
Sjw

Sjw

Have you ridden a roadbike before? If it doesn’t have already, you might find cross lever brakes fitted to the handlebars are useful for braking in traffic, steep descents etc. See how you get on with the brifters, but the option is there :smile:
I neeeed them! Any recommendations?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
.... Oh and a track pump might be useful.

View attachment 426612

Cycling IS a cheap sport, dirt cheap in fact - if you don't chose to make it expensive. My cycling is probably even cheaper than walking per mile covered. I'm off out for a ride on a 27 year old, £20 bike wearing some shabby old clothing that has already had one service life as "respectable" wear and is now having a second incarnation as "I don't give a toss what it looks like" wear. I won't enjoy my ride any less because it doesn't involve shiny new stuff.

Top Bottom