Pictures burnt to disc won't play on Dvd player.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Hi, I've burnt some pictures on my laptop to both a CD-R disc & a DVD-R disc they both play back fine on the computer.

But when I insert them into our DVD player neither will play and the message 'cannot play disc' appears!

Help needed........

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You have to burn as a video in a particular format. The sort that have a DVD menu just like films you buy. Adobe Premier elements can do this amongst others.

lazyfatgit

You probably wrote the discs as multi session where you can add further images later on in the PC. Some DVD players won’t support this. You’ll need to finalise the disc so that the DVD player can read it.
You may get an option on how you want to create a disc depending on your system when you put the blank disc in.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You probably wrote the discs as multi session where you can add further images later on in the PC. Some DVD players won’t support this. You’ll need to finalise the disc so that the DVD player can read it.
You may get an option on how you want to create a disc depending on your system when you put the blank disc in.
Ditto on the 'Finalise Disc'

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Also, what 'region' are you setting your disks to when you are burning them? I think most computer programs default to region free (region 0) now, but older DVD players can't always handle those. If there's a setting try changing it to Region 2 (Europe). It might just work.

Top Bottom