Pictures with pro riders?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
What is a good way to get your picture taken with a pro rider? It would cheer my friend Steve up who's suffering badly with depression and he walked out of his job.

Thanks.

Why not just go for the standard thing - stand next to the bloke and have someone take a photo?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Not what your friend needs to hear I'm sure, but It'll be either luck or hard work that will get the shot most of the time. I bumped into a couple of the Giant Alpecin riders at Amsterdam airport last year just by chance, and many people on here will have similar stories of decent luck... one CC member met Stannard and Froome last week as Sky happened to be staying in the same hotel in Spain during La Vuelta. So right time, right place is key.
The hard work route is, well, harder. Go to a race stage start or finish, hang around a team coach at warm up / warm down, and if you're patient and polite you can bag someone. Hopefully the rider you want, although some are easier than others, demand and personality play a big part.

vickster

Legendary Member
You could go to some sort of event or show like the one coming up in Birmingham if they have celebs presenting or similar

Have a day out with your mate

I thought this was a 'show them' thread

I had a lot longer hair then, for a while, longer than Phil Anderson used to have his!
Leeds Classic 1994. Eddy Mercxx - Copy.jpg LeedsClassic. rgsf.jpg

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Heres one from a ride out with the Dan Martin and the Garmin team in the New Forest a few years back now View attachment 373063
Which one's Dan? You look kinda similar... are you on the same team? :laugh:

Top Bottom