Pie Alert!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Uh.

Oh no.

No nonono!

She's cooked a bowl of stuff with a pastry lid!

:cry::cry::cry:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Stew in a bowl with a pastry lid is not a pie!
Whenever I go to a pub and fancy a pie for lunch I always ask at the bar whether they serve 'proper' pies or not.
If the answer is 'it's in a bowl with a puff pastry lid' - I usually make my displeasure known. I have been known to walk out and try the next pub in town.
Pubs do seen to be getting the message though as I've noticed more are putting decent pies on the menu there days.
My local used to be one of the worst offenders, but look what was on offer yesterday.
It was very good! Steak and ale pie, proper pastry. Extra veg came with it - £9.95. Couldn't eat anything else that day!
IMG-20170320-WA0000.jpeg

Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
You call those two scrawny bits of greenish things "extra veg"?
Nah! That was asparagus. There was a side dish with three extra veg.:okay:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Stew in a bowl with a pastry lid is not a pie!
Whenever I go to a pub and fancy a pie for lunch I always ask at the bar whether they serve 'proper' pies or not.
If the answer is 'it's in a bowl with a puff pastry lid' - I usually make my displeasure known. I have been known to walk out and try the next pub in town.
Pubs do seen to be getting the message though as I've noticed more are putting decent pies on the menu there days.
My local used to be one of the worst offenders, but look what was on offer yesterday.
It was very good! Steak and ale pie, proper pastry. Extra veg came with it - £9.95. Couldn't eat anything else that day!
View attachment 343552

Looks nice, but £9.95? ^_^

I enjoyed this fantastic pie, hand made by the local butcher, with chips, veg and gravy last weekend for the princely sum of £6.50

IMG_20170318_122422956.jpg

:hungry:

keithmac

Guru
We sometimes get a round of butchers hand made steak pies in at work.

There's that much meat inside that I often wonder how he makes any profit on them, best £1.60 I've spent in a long time!.

Might have to nip in tomorrow now..

Freshly jellied pork pies are another treat..

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought a potato pie the other day. I call them potato, but manufacturers always call them meat and potato as they tend to contain about a few bits of corned beef type meat. I can live with that, but why if a minuscule of meat is added, do they add a big piece of artery as well?!xx(

Top Bottom