Pie Plate shocker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I have just seen these listed on wiggle.co.uk

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-spoke-protector/#tabCustReviews

I thought that every cyclist in the world rushed home from the shop with their new bike and removed these before embarking on that first ride, or even ripped them off in anger outside the shop. Of course one advantage of shopping online is that you never have to be seen in public with a pie plate.

Looks like at least 22 people went out and bought one!

I nearly bought one until I realised it wasn't a plate for my pies.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Although I don't and have never had one on any of my bikes, I can see their purpose. I have knackered multiple spokes on a wheel when a chain jumped of the largest rear cog under severe load climbing a particularly steep hill. The rear mech was set up right but the chain still jumped off inbetween the spokes and cassette. I was not a happy bunny. :angry:

Last edited:
I have just seen these listed on wiggle.co.uk

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-spoke-protector/#tabCustReviews

I thought that every cyclist in the world rushed home from the shop with their new bike and removed these before embarking on that first ride, or even ripped them off in anger outside the shop. Of course one advantage of shopping online is that you never have to be seen in public with a pie plate.

Looks like at least 22 people went out and bought one!
I like the button Add To Your Wishlist. Wishfull thinking, I think.

But yes, a shocker.

Although I don't and have never had one on any of my bikes, I can see their purpose. I have knackered multiple spokes on a wheel when a chain jumped of the largest rear cog under severe load climbing a particularly steep hill. The rear mech was set up right but the chain still jumped off inbetween the spokes and cassette. I was not a happy bunny. :angry:
Real men rather fix broken spokes than ride around with dork plates. Replacing 8 spokes next to the road is a small price to pay for coolness.

Top Bottom