Piles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aargh! I know piles are traditionally a source of lighthearted amusement, but I now discover they're quite painful (although still amusing in a low key way). I'm off work today as I can barely sit down (and I certainly won't be using the time to go out on my bike). Any tips on how to, er, deal with them? How can they be cured? How important a factor is one's diet?
Apologies for raising such an unsavoury subject. ;)

This might be of some relief, er help, Rhythm Thief!
Good luck (ha ha ha ha ha :smile:) ;) - only joking!

http://www.medinfo.co.uk/conditions/haemorrhoids.html

ChrisKH

Guru
RT - creams and unguents aside, they can be injected initially by your doctor (it sounds bad but it's ok honest). They can only do this twice. After that if they continue to be a problem you can have them removed surgically. There's been a break through with surgery in this area recently, I saw the up to date surgery on ITV 64 (or some such channel, ITV 3, I think) on a recent 'Most Embarrassing Diseases' episode. I don't watch it normally just caught it (so to speak).

The biggets factor to stop this happening is to look at the set up for your bike. Do your sit bones sit on the cheeks of the saddle?
Does it press on your perenium?
Do you get numb nuts?
Do you get a hot-spot?
Is your saddle heavily padded?

Yes to any of these, and you should address your saddle by either ditching it (I would recommend one with a cut out such as offered by Specialized) or set it up to avoid these problems. A slight upward tilt of the nose can help tilt your hips to the correct in the saddle position and make you use your sit bones properly.

yenrod

I'm surprised that saddles with cut-outs have such uncool, non-manly favour !

Like today, in work, the bike was in the break room and one of the lads made what was a joke yet I was deadly serious in response saying 'well, I definately want my cock to work on the woman' and riding on such a non holey saddle can really damage you more than you think, bit like a smoker can;t see the damage to there lungs OK its not as serious but come on, we've all had tines (when i used a saddle without a hole in it) when your bollocks would simply numb up pretty bad - you'd lift off the saddle and generally it'd ok but i can personally give you my word now: I want my knob; to have a piss and experience orgasm, in other words the prostate work fine - as IT governs these actions and few more :biggrin:)

The next time your nads go numb just think of the fact that it could damge it indefinately !

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Rhythm Thief said:
Aargh! I know piles are traditionally a source of lighthearted amusement, but I now discover they're quite painful (although still amusing in a low key way). I'm off work today as I can barely sit down (and I certainly won't be using the time to go out on my bike). Any tips on how to, er, deal with them? How can they be cured? How important a factor is one's diet?
Apologies for raising such an unsavoury subject. :biggrin:

Piles are indeed a PITA (well somebody had to say it). Have not suffered for years. Giving-up Surfing seemed to help, not sitting around legs apart in cold water all day...
Anyway, sympathies, Piles often occur as a result of too much straining whilst pushing-out a recalcitrant Turtles-head. To avoid this...more fibre in the diet!

BTW, nice Citroen corrugated van!

postman

Legendary Member
First don't worry.Add a little more fibre and fruit into your diet.Don't strain when going to the toilet.Ask your G.P. about ANUSOL suppositories and if yuo are itching during the night get some FUCIBET cream.Last November i had same problem.They can be banded off.Strangled with rubber bands.No pain .They will only do surgery as a last resort.Give the above a try first.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Any tips on how to, er, deal with them

hot poker should see them off :biggrin: anusol will see them off within a few days :biggrin: assuming you don`t have a bunch of grapes hanging down there !!

jay clock

Massive member
are you certain they are piles?. I had the same symptoms, then went to the doc, and in fact had "perianal haematoma" see here. Very painful, but went quickly. They are on the outside, rather than being from the inside and dangling out (if that helps!)

see here http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/digestiveandurinary/202145.html

steve23

sorry to bring thsi topic up again, but i am experiencing some pain, as i have piles at the mo!!!

it hurts, ive always taken the p*ss out of people with piles, but now im getting my just deserts!!!

i have a small lump on my back passage, but i was wondering, is it advisable to keep riding!!?? im not as uncomfortable on my saddle as i am on a chair!!!

Ow, Steve, you have my sympathy. Mine are all cured now, but I know that when they were bad I couldn't have gone near a bike - it wasn't even an option. Go and see the doctor, a rectal examination isn't much fun for either doctor or patient but s/he should be able to give you some cream and dietary advice.

Top Bottom