Pimp my fixie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
You did right - that's exactly what I'm riding! It's not too stiff in the BB area but it's a nice comfy frame for less than perfect roads. Also far less likely to be nicked (especially with guards and stickers all over it like mine!) :biggrin:.

I thought it was a Mini driven by a estate agent or was it recruitment agent in a Beetle.

Oh I'm confused now!:biggrin:

peejay78

a close shave. buying the langster is a bit like denying the holocaust in terms of moral equivalence.

GrahamG

Guru
All joking aside, it's a very nice 531 frame so given that it cost £4 and I suspect the rest of the bits will still come to a lot less than a langster + new wheels (you need to get the two together!) - it would've been a bit of a waste of money to buy it.

Just don't come to Birmingham and stop next to me at the lights :biggrin:

turbo tim

If it's going away for a respray, why not push the boat out, so to speak, and have the dropouts replaced with some track ends. You could even have the back end respaced to 120OLN at the same time. Voilà, a road geometry track bike, just like a Condor Pista, only nicer!

Number14

Veteran
If it's an old Raleigh then it will already have horizontal dropouts.

GrahamG

Guru
That's not a bad idea from Tim, if the frame was a better fit for me then I might bother doing that with a respray but it's fudged with a tall stem and seat-pin! I think I'll just pickup a Bob jackson frame whenever this one dies, although I expect that'll be a few years yet.

peejay78

did someone say "bob jackson"?

1319780022_db7ea21937.jpg

(any excuse)

ghitchen

Why is it that every time I've managed to convince myself that I don't want a fixie another thread like this comes along to sow the seeds of doubt yet again?

Top Bottom