Pimp my ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
image.jpg
I have this black bike, and keep getting the urge to buy something colourful. White bottle holders, or yellow bar tape, or coloured tyres. I was content with black, but something has changed.

Should I just get a new bike?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Pedals would help a lot .

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Looks like you have a silver theme going on . I went with grey Fizik bar tape on my silver defy 5 , subtle but it works I think .

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
How about blinding white rim trims, like these on the 24" wheels on my Carrera Subway? The brown adhesive tape holding the pump on the crossbar is also a nice tasteful touch, I think.
f09e3d86-d36f-44e1-841c-54159dcf2244.jpg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'd match the bar tape and bottle to the orange on the seat post if that's what I see there... but I'm currently working on a cardinal red paint job with gold detailing and white decals so my taste is suspect ;)

OP
OP
ChrisV

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Aahh, good idea. Bring out the orange, I like it!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I would keep it mellow, do some orange anodized rims, or water bottle holders and water bottles, maybe bar tape mixed black and orange, but I don't think orange bar tape would, by itself, look so good in a few weeks time. Nor would orange tires, I suspect. Maybe pedals as well, if such are available in anything other than BMX flat style pedals. Orange and black saddle may be good as well, but all orange might be a little loud.

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
Everyone knows white bar tape makes you go faster. Finish it off with some white / black Michelin pro race tyres and a Selle Itlia saddle, white of course.

Top Bottom