Pinarello FP Uno

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Powely

I've just nearly bought a Pinarello FP Uno... I only went into a LBS to do some research before I upgrade and got offered approx 20% off £1399 to £1100 for 'their last 2012 model in my size'. I've not committed as yet (secured overnight with refundable deposit) but am seriously thinking of biting the bullet and going for it. I've just read the review on Bikeradar etc and whilst I know it's relatively heavy and if I stretched my budget that little bit further I could buy a Carbon model it seems like an ok buy. Can anyone offer me some assurance or even another model to consider before I go ahead and part with my hard earnt? Thanks in advance.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i know its an online purchase - but i would recommend looking at the the canyon and rose bikes

the canyon 6.0 with full 105 is 8.2kg and only £819

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The frame weighs 1300g. Most really good modern alloy frames are nearer 1000g which makes quite a big difference to the performance. I may be wrong but Pinarello wouldn't appear to have been developing their alloy technology anywhere near as much as Cannondale etc.

Alloy is an acquired taste - maybe save for carbon?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
The top-end Pinas are great bikes, and not that pricey (relatively speaking). This, though...£1100 is about the best price for this model, but certainly not the best bike for the money. Ribble, Rose and Canyon all have much better options,
Wiggle have this Mekk, highly rated by C+ http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mekk-2g-poggio-p20-shimano-105/ for £50 less than the Pina (full carbon & 105 trumps alu & Tiagra I think...).

OP
OP
Powely

Powely

Thanks for the advice guys. Think I need to spend some more time researching and looking around then. It's only a good deal if it's relative to other manufacturers models (spec/cost wise) hey? Thanks again. I want to get this right and being able to seek advice here really helps.

OP
OP
Powely

Powely

The top-end Pinas are great bikes, and not that pricey (relatively speaking). This, though...£1100 is about the best price for this model, but certainly not the best bike for the money. Ribble, Rose and Canyon all have much better options,
Wiggle have this Mekk, highly rated by C+ http://www.wiggle.co.uk/mekk-2g-poggio-p20-shimano-105/ for £50 less than the Pina (full carbon & 105 trumps alu & Tiagra I think...).

I went back in today to get my deposit and spotted the Mekk after your tip off and I've ordered one. Got it for £900. So carbon Frame, Tiagra shifters, Tiagra front derailleur and 105 rear derailleur for £900, seems a fair price I think?

Thanks for the heads up StuAff.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Over-priced and under-specced... oh, and the forks look sh*t :biggrin:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Prob a Cube / Rose / Canyon / maybe a Cannondale. Either way, something that delivers and isn't 'trying to look cool' by having wobbly forks (just my opinion of course).

OP
OP
Powely

Powely

Any opinion will be more educated than mine. So what would you be looking for from forks? To me they all look pretty similar but I know very little, if anything at all! ;)

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
what about boardman, they are real decent bikes at any price and have a nice feel and finish. I would get your arse down to your local halfords and have a look at them. They have a feel of a more expensive bike imho... Great VFM imho
The bikes are great, halfords unfortunately are less impressive

Top Bottom