Ping Admin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
zimzum42 said:
Shaun,

You at a loose end tonight? Fancy coming out for a drink?

:smile:

Shaun

Founder
Thanks for the support. ;)

I've been planning it for months so it should go okay, and whilst we're bound to have some niggles with the new kit, I expect most people will get used to is quickly enough.

The key thing is, don't walk away if something isn't working right or you can't figure it out - just post in the feedback forum and either me or another member will help you out.

If you can't access the forums at all, you can email me: webmaster ~at~ cyclechat.net

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
When you're done with all this can you pop round mine, I've got some shelves need putting up...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Checked out the mobile 'skin' on me moby this morning...works well, and quick too... good luck with the changeover...;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Admin said:
The key thing is, don't walk away if something isn't working right or you can't figure it out - just post in the feedback forum and either me or another member will help you out.

What, a Cyclechat member walk away quietly, without making a fuss, three flouncy exits and 4 comebacks?;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good luck and get it working for 9.00pm Friday evening AT THE LATEST...no pressure ? ;)

Wife is off out with friends, and I'm stuck in with the kids...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
It is fantastic that its tonight as I'm going out so won't notice the life support machine being turned off temporarily. Only hope its there tomorrow when I log on for my fix as I have the whole day off!!

Will this forum be up in a read only forum... so that I can find a link to the new forum ... I've yet to bookmark it (anyone want to supply a link now....?:girl:) so that I know what to press before I've had that first cup of coffee in the morning.

Shaun

Founder
summerdays said:
It is fantastic that its tonight as I'm going out so won't notice the life support machine being turned off temporarily. Only hope its there tomorrow when I log on for my fix as I have the whole day off!!

It should be ready sometime tomorrow as I'll be working overnight to do the transfer. However with 1.3 million posts to convert it takes a long time, so might not be ready for breakfast ... ;)

summerdays said:
Will this forum be up in a read only forum... so that I can find a link to the new forum ... I've yet to bookmark it (anyone want to supply a link now....?:o) so that I know what to press before I've had that first cup of coffee in the morning.

The URL isn't going to change - it'll work from the same location, so no need to adjust your bookmarks ... ;)

Cheers,

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Admin said:
It should be ready sometime tomorrow as I'll be working overnight to do the transfer. However with 1.3 million posts to convert it takes a long time, so might not be ready for breakfast ... ;)

The URL isn't going to change - it'll work from the same location, so no need to adjust your bookmarks ... :ohmy:

Cheers,

Thanks for that - I hadn't worked that bit out...;) (told you I was your thick tester didn't I:biggrin:)

I suppose I will have to do something else instead tomorrow:cry: Good Luck

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Admin said:
However with 1.3 million posts to convert it takes a long time
Just remove all of Linf and Mr. Paul's posts along with the tea thread and it won't take half as long!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
This is a bit like being in the pre-op stage in hospital.

Every one is wishing you well, the surgeon is saying you'll be fine, but they're not the ones having their testicles chopped under anaesthetic.

Don't know if that analogy works?

Top Bottom