1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Ping Flying Monkey

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Haitch, 21 Feb 2008.

1. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

FM, this looks interesting. Do you know anything about accommodation for the weekend?

2. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

There's some info here

http://www.northernrockcyclone.com/Accommodation.asp

3. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

Thanks, looks even more interesting.

4. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Just chuffing hold on a minute. Are my taxes funding a bloody cycling event as well as a football team, a rugby team, a cricket team and Alistair Darlings bloody flat:angry:

5. Flying_Monkey

:blush: Not just any cycling event... :angry:

6. Noodley

Noodley Guest

That'll be a yes then. ;)

7. Maggot

No, it's not is it? It's a bloody Northern cycling event:ohmy: Should I get free entry as a sponsor;)

8. Peter Harrison

Peter Harrison New Member

Feel I have to respond as the organiser of the event in question. The event budget was structured in such a way that I was not reliant upon the sponsorship of Northern Rock for the whole event to go ahead. I had to do this due to the recent uncertainty. If you look a the sponsors and partners page you will see that I have secured sponsorship from several companies and have also got the backing of a number of Agencies including NewcastleGateshead Culture 10. The event will go ahead with it's current title.
    The Cyclone Challenge rides are now part of the UCI golden wheel series and the Beaumont Trophy is a Premier Calendar event. Over 650 entries have been recieved for the challenge rides already and I am hoping for 2000.
    It's going to be a great weekend of cycling so why not enter and enjoy the atmosphere of the weekend and see some great riders in action:smile:

9. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Fair enough, but some folks just want to take the mick out of Flying Monkey:biggrin:

10. Maggot

Hey Peter I was only joshing with FM:biggrin: Unless of course, one of your other sponsors is British Bastard Gas:angry:

I hope it goes well:smile:

11. Peter Harrison

Peter Harrison New Member

don't have a problem with that:biggrin:;)

12. Flying_Monkey

I'll be seeing you on Saturday, Mr Harrison. ;)

:blush:

13. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

It gets chuffing worse. One of the participants doesn't even pay taxes in the UK and if his girlfriend can get the weekend off work, you'll be subsidising chuffing foreigners as well.

14. Maggot

Whhhaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttttt:sad::eek::sad::eek::eek::eek:

They had better not be an illegal:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

15. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

She eats swans!!