**Ping Flying Monkey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
User76 said:
Just chuffing hold on a minute. Are my taxes funding a bloody cycling event as well as a football team, a rugby team, a cricket team and Alistair Darlings bloody flat:angry:

:blush: Not just any cycling event... :angry:

Peter Harrison

User76 said:
No, it's not is it? It's a bloody Northern cycling event:ohmy: Should I get free entry as a sponsor;)

Feel I have to respond as the organiser of the event in question. The event budget was structured in such a way that I was not reliant upon the sponsorship of Northern Rock for the whole event to go ahead. I had to do this due to the recent uncertainty. If you look a the sponsors and partners page you will see that I have secured sponsorship from several companies and have also got the backing of a number of Agencies including NewcastleGateshead Culture 10. The event will go ahead with it's current title.
The Cyclone Challenge rides are now part of the UCI golden wheel series and the Beaumont Trophy is a Premier Calendar event. Over 650 entries have been recieved for the challenge rides already and I am hoping for 2000.
It's going to be a great weekend of cycling so why not enter and enjoy the atmosphere of the weekend and see some great riders in action:smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Peter Harrison said:
Feel I have to respond as the organiser of the event in question. The event budget was structured in such a way that I was not reliant upon the sponsorship of Northern Rock for the whole event to go ahead. I had to do this due to the recent uncertainty. If you look a the sponsors and partners page you will see that I have secured sponsorship from several companies and have also got the backing of a number of Agencies including NewcastleGateshead Culture 10. The event will go ahead with it's current title.
The Cyclone Challenge rides are now part of the UCI golden wheel series and the Beaumont Trophy is a Premier Calendar event. Over 650 entries have been recieved for the challenge rides already and I am hoping for 2000.
It's going to be a great weekend of cycling so why not enter and enjoy the atmosphere of the weekend and see some great riders in action:smile:
Fair enough, but some folks just want to take the mick out of Flying Monkey:biggrin:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Peter Harrison said:
don't have a problem with that:biggrin:;)

I'll be seeing you on Saturday, Mr Harrison. ;)

:blush:

OP
OP
Haitch

Haitch

Flim Flormally
User76 said:
Just chuffing hold on a minute. Are my taxes funding a bloody cycling event as well as a football team, a rugby team, a cricket team and Alistair Darlings bloody flat:angry:

It gets chuffing worse. One of the participants doesn't even pay taxes in the UK and if his girlfriend can get the weekend off work, you'll be subsidising chuffing foreigners as well.

mondobongo

Über Member
User76 said:

You didn't think they would use your taxes for building Hospitals and roads running a Police and Justice system oh and giving guns and suitable eqpt to our Soldiers when they get sent off to the back of beyond to fight in a pointless war did you? :biggrin:

Top Bottom