Ping *****Rhythm Thief*****

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Gerry Attrick, 17 May 2010.

1. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

I remember last year just missing your outfit at the Lord Nelson in Burnham Thorpe. Are you intending to play there this year? If so, let me know when and I will try to be there.;)

2. Glow worm

Glow worm Guru

Ahh- the pub with no bar. Top boozer, and cracking beer garden that you can wheel your bikes into through the little gate. I'll have a pint of Wherry please!

3. OP
    OP
    Gerry Attrick

The very one! Mrs A and I have enjoyed many a happy night at said worthy boozer. Keep it quiet though or you'll get troublemakers there:biggrin:

4. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Burnham Thorpe - North Norfolk????? If so I've been there but I don't think I found the pub :biggrin:

Excellent N Norfolk pub at Warham - near Wells. Well it was when I last went possibly 15 years ago ;)

5. OP
    OP
    Gerry Attrick

That'll be the Three Horseshoes then.

6. twentysix by twentyfive

Ah I do believe you have it. Food in there was to die for once upon a time. And the Wherry was very more-ish. Several helpings were required.

Time to revisit methinks - I do like N Norfolk.

7. OP
    OP
    Gerry Attrick

Well I'm never sure whether the first one is right, so I feel it necessary to carry on until it is. Hope we meet there 26 x 25.;)

8. twentysix by twentyfive

I'll pm you if I plan a trip. I'll be the one with binoculars and a telescope ;)

9. OP
    OP
    Gerry Attrick

OK, you're on. We are definitely visiting in September, but we hope to be down possibly late June. Anyhow, I'll let you know.

10. OP
    OP
    Gerry Attrick

Cracking plan Mr P. All we need now is the Thief himself.

11. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Resistance is futile! Moderator

+1
    Although I was sold at the mention of Wherry. I love that beer, me.
    *drools*

12. OP
    OP
    Gerry Attrick

And for lovers of spaghetti bolognese, that at the Lord Nelson is what the Italians would like to reproduce.;)

13. Here I am! I don't think we're at the Nelson this year ... we were going to be doing a festival in Northumberland and the feeling was that two gigs so far away was too much, but then the Northumberland one fell through ... shame, because I like playing the Nelson. Mostly because we camp up the road and the beer really is excellent, to say nothing of the Nelson's Blood spiced rum.:biggrin:

I'll start one in Cafe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice