Pinnacle Lithium 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Does 2.5mm make any practical difference in this application?

I've ridden an old beater bike that had an odd pair of cranks before now, one was 165mm, the other was 170mm. I didn't actually notice the mismatch until I started pulling it apart, and it didn't feel odd to ride.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There's a suggestion on the web that Octalink is interchangeable with Hollowtech2.

In other words, the bottom bracket uses the same thread and is one of the standard widths.

That may be why Shimano is phasing out Octalink - if they are.

You would, of course, have to replace the bottom bracket and crankset at the same time, but the bits are fairly cheap.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You would, of course, have to replace the bottom bracket and crankset at the same time, but the bits are fairly cheap.
Hollowtech is interchangeable with Octalink as they both fit the same BB thread. If you buy a Hollowtech chainset you'll find the BB is included.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm not sure if it's also the same as ISIS - international standard internal spline, or something like that.

ISIS is on all Bosch ebikes, and the cranks are a little unusual.

The chain ring is separate, it sits on the spline.

This means the two cranks are identical - apart from the pedal thread.

One or two calamities caused by someone who has unknowingly fitted the cranks the wrong way round.

OP
OP
S

srj10

Guru
Anyhow that's not for now as the OP will be busy riding the bike for a while :smile:
Very true,just in from my commute, 6miles, slick tyres more suited to road than pavement ,maybe adjust pressure for a more comfortable ride.Re bottom bracket,good news if it is compatible with hollowtech,Thanks for all the replies.

Top Bottom