Pinnacle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Have a gravel bike by them. Don’t use it much it’s on the turbo but it’s a very nice bike.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've had a Pinnacle Pyrolite for a good few years now and its served me well. Its a very well made, lovely riding alu bike that took everything that was thrown at it including a tough old all weather daily commute and a couple of long distance European tours. Its now been relegated to emergency spare due to newer purchases.
However..seeing as Evans are now owned by Ashley. Who knows what the quality is like now. At least with Evans, I think you can still test ride.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've had a Pinnacle Pyrolite for a good few years now and its served me well. Its a very well made, lovely riding alu bike that took everything that was thrown at it including a tough old all weather daily commute and a couple of long distance European tours. Its now been relegated to emergency spare due to newer purchases.
However..seeing as Evans are now owned by Ashley. Who knows what the quality is like now. At least with Evans, I think you can still test ride.
Don’t think anymore, not mentioned on website, maybe due to Covid

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Evans don't make the bikes and I prefer to do my own PDI anyway, so buying from them would not worry me.

I'm hankering after a bike again, which will mean I've made more bloody comebacks than Frank Sinatra. Can't be faffed with twitchy road bikes anymore at my age and a nice upright position with simple 1x7 drive train appeals.

We shall see.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My partner has a Pinnacle Arkose gravel bike. The spec was way, way better than anything else in the same price range. It's a great bike & she loves it.
I also have an Arkose, I really rate it. I have 2 sets of hoops for it so it does off-road duties and doubles up for winter on road, with slicks and mudguards.

I'd personally not want to purchase anything from Mike Ashley.
You can buy second hand off someone who bought it pre Ashley:okay:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd personally not want to purchase anything from Mike Ashley.
A case of can’t rather than won’t for me. I used to buy loads of bits and the service was very good but now they won’t even send down here which I find very odd. Used to have a great variety of stuff but now it’s very limited. I don’t care much who’s running a business as long as it gets me what I want but now we have a Decathlon down here I can get most from there.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have a Pinnacle Dolomite as my winter bike and it is more than capable - the hubs only lasted a couple of years so I upgraded the wheels and I had some problems with disc callipers (leaks), but the frame itself has been great.

Top Bottom