Pirelli Cinturato Velo - any views?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wooger

Did people really like these in the end? I’m running Pirelli race tyres but would like something more grippy heading into wetter weather.
Just an FYI, race tyres are generally the most grippy tyres there are. Soft rubber = more grip and shorter life.

P-zero race tlr tyres will be more grippy.

That said, I've been using Cinturato Velo tyres for 4 or 5 months now on a commuter / winter bike and I'm happy. grippy, roll quite fast, no punctures while riding 10 miles a day through a city centre.

That said I did have one tyre de-laminate, developing a couple of weird lumps on the surface that were softer to teh touch than the rest of the tyre. No surface damage or punctures. Thankfully the shop replaced it under warranty.

Wooger

Just an FYI, race tyres are generally the most grippy tyres there are. Soft rubber = more grip and shorter life.

P-zero race tlr tyres will be more grippy.

That said, I've been using Cinturato Velo tyres for 4 or 5 months now on a commuter / winter bike and I'm happy. grippy, roll quite fast, no punctures while riding 10 miles a day through a city centre.

That said I did have one tyre de-laminate, developing a couple of weird lumps on the surface that were softer to teh touch than the rest of the tyre. No surface damage or punctures. Thankfully the shop replaced it under warranty.

Make that two tyres de-laminated. Both from the same batch, I assume a production problem, as my friends have had no such issues.

Top Bottom