Planet X bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
Hiya, whilst waiting to get in Sainsbury’s this affy there were two l Planet X London Road bikes locked up together, tbf they looked decent I think they are a town cx sort of combo , nicely finished frames , not hot deraileurs etc but with regular maintenance you’d get your bobs worth out of em,

Last edited:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have. 2 x Planet X bikes. Both Carbon. A pro carbon roadie and my XLS CX bike. Both are great and I thing that I got my money’s worth. I have had them both since 2014.

Slioch

Guru
I bought a pro-carbon with full Ultegra groupset from PlanetX in 2014 for £999.
It's the only carbon bike I've ever owned so I can't compare it against other brands, but it's a beautiful piece of kit and puts a stupid grin on my face whenever I ride it. Great value for money IMHO.
And it's matt black, which is the only sensible colour to have despite what other people on here may think :giggle:

D

Deleted member 23692

I've got 2 London Road frames - one built as a gravel/adventure bike and the other as a commuter e-bike. Both are superb at their intended use and cause me no more maintenance than any other bike I've owned.

It's a shame that the London Road no longer appears on their website :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Eziemnaik

Über Member
I have a Pickenflick, bought it a couplle of years ago when tempest wasnt available, love it to bits, it is comfy, it is fast, it looks good, it can handle singletrack, gravel, and 30kmph 100k rides no problem, the only thing it is missing are rack and mudguard mounts, if I was bhying again I would get tempest

pawl

Legendary Member
I bought a pro-carbon with full Ultegra groupset from PlanetX in 2014 for £999.
It's the only carbon bike I've ever owned so I can't compare it against other brands, but it's a beautiful piece of kit and puts a stupid grin on my face whenever I ride it. Great value for money IMHO.
And it's matt black, which is the only sensible colour to have despite what other people on here may think :giggle:

I have exactly the same bike.and bought the same year.I wanted the red frame but Mrs P convinced me to have black I put red bottle cages and a red black contrast bar tape fo r contrast to the black.

Agree with all your comments about the pro carbon.

Top Bottom