Planet X EC130 SRAM Red Etap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have just taken ownership of a Team Canac XC130 and only ridden it a mile and half so far so a bit early to comment but looks great , mine only has normal SRAM , i think @Justinslow has one with di2 shifting

IMG_20180404_124654452.jpg

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Hi,
Yes I have an EC130 with Di2
Unfortunately haven’t ridden it much yet as it’s a new acquisition.
First impressions are really good, nice light well built bike.
One thing to note though is Planet X resale values are not great so if that bothers you or you think you might shift it on quickly it might not be for you as you stand to lose a few quid rapidly. Check out “completed listings” on EBay to get a flavour of values. I haven’t seen an Etap or Di2 version for sale second hand though yet.
My one-
4E5C9694-13CF-4CF8-9BDF-E72442CA011C.jpeg

2E88DF36-F741-42E1-8579-9088771A2EF5.jpeg

Hi,
Yes I have an EC130 with Di2
Unfortunately haven’t ridden it much yet as it’s a new acquisition.
First impressions are really good, nice light well built bike.
One thing to note though is Planet X resale values are not great so if that bothers you or you think you might shift it on quickly it might not be for you as you stand to lose a few quid rapidly. Check out “completed listings” on EBay to get a flavour of values. I haven’t seen an Etap or Di2 version for sale second hand though yet.
My one-
View attachment 403044
View attachment 403046

Wow class bike. Why can't all bikes look like that ?

OP
OP
N

novemberdelta

Thanks for the replies. I like the look of it. Still keen to hear from people who have done a bit of riding on it. Also looking at a Di2 Focus Izalco Race which I can get for 2200.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Wow class bike. Why can't all bikes look like that ?
Yes it is, to me it’s typically aero in a Ridley Noah kind of way, I looked at and owned briefly a Giant Propel which was very “angular” and “sharp”, it just didn’t do it for me. I always loved this bike when I first saw it on the PX site and made the mistake of buying the Giant. Luckily there were issues with the Giant and I got a full refund!
Very happy with the EC-130, swapped the wheels to my lightweight Superstars which brings the weight down to just under 8kg with pedals. The Metrons look nice but are overkill really, the front catches the wind a bit too!
Luckily the previous owner of mine hardly rode it and looked after it, it’s mint, so I’m well happy ^_^

i've been looking at Planet X myself. looking around you just can't seem to get the frame/group sets they offer at anywhere near the price
an equivalent ultegra R8000 set and frame would be good few hundred quid more from say cannondale or the like

Top Bottom